[solved] What To Do If My Computer Changed While My Serial Number Is Still Available

My product is for 3 PCs in 3 years. I've already registered the serial number in 2 PCs. I would change my PC in 1 year, perhaps. If I installed BD on my PC right now, is it possible that I could continue to use the same serial number on the new PC, after I uninstall the BD on the previous PC? If not what should I do? If there's no solution on this, does it mean I have to use the serial number directly on my new PC, not using it on the previous one that I'm using now?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited May 2010

Hello gordon_zhao,

Before changing your PC, use the BitDefender Uninstall Tool on that system to completely remove BitDefender and license key from it.

After that, you can use the same license key on a new PC to register BitDefender for the remaining license period. Also, make sure that on the new system you activate BitDefender using the same BitDefender MyAccount details (username and password).

Cris.

• gordon_zhao
    edited May 2010

Hello Cris,

Your answer was so clear that I'm most appreciative of your help. And thank you for the Tool's downloading address. Now, I'm eager to install it immediately without any worry.

^_^

Gordon

• You're welcome, Gordon. If you have other question, please post.

Since this question was answered, I will consider this topic closed. Have a nice day :)

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.