Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Don't Scan External Drive

Options

I'm sure this has been discussed - my apologies for not finding it on the search.

I am unable to locate the "spot" to deselect my "D" drive and my external hard drive from the anti-virus scans. I have found the place to schedule the scans, but the default is showing 3 drives, and I only want to scan the "C" drive. (The external drive is only used to store my backups and if my normal scans are working then there shouldn't be any problem on the external drive.)

Thanks for the help.

hew2nd

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello hew2nd,

On the tab with the scan tasks you have a button on the lower-right side of the window which creates a new scan task.

Create a new scan task, open it's properties and select whatever locations you want to scan and save it.

The default tasks are set to scan all partitions (except Quick Scan, which scans only important system files). So a user defined task is the answer to your question.

Cris.

• hew2nd
    edited May 2010
    Options

Excellent - thank you.

• alexcrist
    Options

You're welcome, hew2nd.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.