Use Of Svn (subversion) Impossible ...

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem :

I am working in collaboration with the SVN system. But when I want to checkout my repository, the connection is blocked and after sveral minutes, I am timed out.

I use subclipe (an Eclipse plug-in) and I tried with Tortoise SVN. I add the .exe of Eclipse and Tortoise in the firewall rules but it does not change anything :huh:

My OS is win7 x64 and I have got Bitdefender Total Secutiry 2010.

I found that solution :

I have to turn off the real-time protection and the firewall of BitDefender Total Security 2010 to be able to access the SVN server.

But this is a bit annoying, I think you can understand that ^_^ . I would like to have a persistant solution not a temporary that I have to redo after a reboot.

So, does anyone have a solution to this problem ?

One last thing : if possible I would like to use Subclipse rather than Tortoise.

Thanks in advance,

TheNikos

Comments

• Up ...

• HI Nikos,

Please add the .exe of Eclipse and Tortoise as an exception into the Real Time Protection module and let me know if the issue persist.

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: Expert Mode;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on Permissive;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse for the executable files and add them as an exception.

Thank you!

• I followed your instructions but unfortunately it did not change any thing :mellow:

• Hi Nikos,

Please try to disable AVC and let me know if the issue persist:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and DISABLE the 'Active Virus Control' feature.

5. Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Thank you! Regards,

• Always the same :(

I disabled the AVC but when I do a commit in subclipe or tortoise, it begins to "transfer" 1.1kb and then, it is blocked by BD.

• In order to further investigate instructions were sent to your email address associated with the forum account. Please reply with the requested logs. Looking forward to your answer!