Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Licence Problem With Internet Security 2009

Options

I bought a two year two machine licence a year ago. It came with two 1 year keys which I input and then both My Account and the installed software showed 730 days to expiry. Today My Account shows 364 days left as does the software on my laptop but my desktop says the licence is expired and I am not protected. I rang the helpline and they told me that this is an identified problem for the 2009 software. However, all they could do was escalate it upwards and leave me unprotected!!!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has anyone tried this: uninstall v2009 and install the free v2010 upgrade using the key shown on My Account as the current one with 364 days left but which 2009 thinks is expired? My thinking is that if this is a problem with 2009, maybe 2010 will work - but will the key work?

Comments

• kirrages
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I bought a two year two machine licence a year ago. It came with two 1 year keys which I input and then both My Account and the installed software showed 730 days to expiry. Today My Account shows 364 days left as does the software on my laptop but my desktop says the licence is expired and I am not protected. I rang the helpline and they told me that this is an identified problem for the 2009 software. However, all they could do was escalate it upwards and leave me unprotected!!!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has anyone tried this: uninstall v2009 and install the free v2010 upgrade using the key shown on My Account as the current one with 364 days left but which 2009 thinks is expired? My thinking is that if this is a problem with 2009, maybe 2010 will work - but will the key work?

So. I couldn't sleep with the idea of not being protected. So I took a risk and I did the above....and hey presto IS2010 seems to be working and showing me with 364 days pf licence left. Hurray! :D

• Hello WokingWounded,

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved. As here are no other questions we will close this topic.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.