Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Ndis Filter Miniport Not Windows Logo Tested

Options

Hi

I am running XP Professional Sp3 with BitDefender Internet Security 2009 on HP laptop.

Recently I tried to setup wireless network. I ran Network Setup Wizard, during the process a “Hardware Installation” dialog box pops up. Stating:

“The software you are installing for this hardware

BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport

has not passed Windows Log testing…”

It also warns that “installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system…” Either of the two options “Continue Anyway” and “STOP Installation” seems to have the same effect, which is nothing immediately. However after running the Network Setup Wizard and making my way through a barrage of these dialog boxes (I tried both options), I was unable to connect to my router. After several reboots I am occasionally able to connect my router, but most of the time not!

Moreover, I am also running Internet Information Service (IIS). Since the above I did the above mentioned, the server ask me to authenticate with a username and password. I tried to “Set Permissions…” for my default website during the process the same dialog box appears. Here I also tried both options.

I have uninstalled IIS and reinstalled twice and it still gives me this authentication issues. I switched of all possible Windows Firewall settings nothing works, that is why I think it could be this NDIS Filter!

I am mostly concerned about getting my IIS working!

Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanx in advance!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Everlearnin,

I have sent you an email to the address associated with your forum account with instructions on how to generate a log file that will help us further investigate the matter and find a resolution.

Please reply to the email and attach the requested log file. Thank you!

Regards,

• It also warns that “installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system…” Either of the two options “Continue Anyway” and “STOP Installation” seems to have the same effect, which is nothing immediately. However after running the Network Setup Wizard and making my way through a barrage of these dialog boxes (I tried both options), I was unable to connect to my router. After several reboots I am occasionally able to connect my router, but most of the time not!???????????what do you mean of that?