Bug Submit

Dear friends,

Hi, I am new to this forum, hello to everyone, I am experiancing a problem, where I am getting this message very frequently sent by my bit defender, and the message is C:|ProgramData\BitDefender\Destop\Temp\BDCH_BLLOGGFHAJFBCEAJNOOONLPLAKMHDNH_1272366688.....crash information file

C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Destop\Temp\Log_BDRI_VSSERV.TXT........ crash information file

Has anyone had this same problem before? Can anyone help me please and tell me what this is about and if you know how to solve this problem please help?

Comments

• Hi Peter,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, anti ad-aware, registry monitor or another antivirus).

Having more than one security products installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

Also, please check if the issue still occurs after a computer restart.

If none of these steps above solved the issue you are dealing with, in order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering, we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and select Run (for Vista you have the search box);

2. Type 'cmd' and hit Enter;

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter;

4. Type

supporttool.exe /vsservtrace on

and hit Enter;

5. A pop-up should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC. If you are not asked to restart the PC, please do so on your own;

6. Open BitDefender and reproduce the issue a couple of times;

7. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer;

8. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition;

9. Double left click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator;

10. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish;

11. Please also go to the desktop and send us the file that was created by the SupportTool. You can either upload it here and send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link or submit the supporttool file to us then send me a PM with the ticket ID you received from us.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi Peter,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, anti ad-aware, registry monitor or another antivirus).

Having more than one security products installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

Also, please check if the issue still occurs after a computer restart.

If none of these steps above solved the issue you are dealing with, in order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering, we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and select Run (for Vista you have the search box);

2. Type 'cmd' and hit Enter;

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter;

4. Type

supporttool.exe /vsservtrace on

and hit Enter;

5. A pop-up should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC. If you are not asked to restart the PC, please do so on your own;

6. Open BitDefender and reproduce the issue a couple of times;

7. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer;

8. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition;

9. Double left click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator;

10. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish;

11. Please also go to the desktop and send us the file that was created by the SupportTool. You can either upload it here and send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link or submit the supporttool file to us then send me a PM with the ticket ID you received from us.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Dan,

I am sorry for not sending this attachment sooner as I was too busy but now that I have a chance I have done what you had told me. I did not do the first solution regarding uninstalling any other security softwares as I have another computer with the windows 7 with bitdefender on it and with exactly the same amount of security softwares and I don't have any issues with that pc, I've got 3 licences for the bit defender. Therefore I have done the 2nd solution which you had put it step by step for me to do in your above email and I have got the attachment for you to look at . I will wait for your reply and hope to get a good soultion to fix my problem. Thank you very much Dan.

kind regards

Peter

• Hi Peter,

Please send me a PM (private message) with either the Ticket ID or the download link for the crash information file and also the SupportTool file created after you follow the steps above.

Thank you! Regards,