[Resolved] Bitdefender 2010 Dial-up Upgrade Problems

My problem is with the initial upgrade after installation.

I have a dial-up connection which takes hours to do the initial upgrade.

However, the connection is prone to disconnect after a few hours.

The problem is that the BitDefender upgrade does not look at the files already downloaded and append to them.

The upgrade process starts over from the beginning.

I had the same problem with the 2009 version.

So instead of hours to do the initial upgrade, it takes days of trying to download the initial upgrade.

Totally frustrating.

When I look at BitDefender Common Files Directory, I see the same files are downloaded over and over and over again.

If only BitDefender could resume a download instead of restarting the whole process, it would save days of frustration.

Is there a way around this problem?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hello Icono,

Considering your connection I would say you have two choices: either download the weekly update from our website using another internet connection (at the office, a friend, an e-cafe etc) following the steps below then save the weekly.exe file on a memory flash drive to move it from one computer to another.

As a second choice you can use your dial-up connection to download the weekly updates using a download manager to resume/pause the download.

Please try to manually update by following the link below and choose the respectful solution and the type of Windows (32bits; 64 bits)

BitDefender update website - manual update

When the file is saved simply run it then restart your computer and the BitDefender will be up to date.

Regards,

• DanyDan,

Your solution of using a download manager to download the weekly update worked great.

You saved my sanity!

Thanks,

Icono

• My pleasure Icono! Feel free to post any query you may have and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Have a nice Sunday,

Regards,

p.s. case resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.