[resolved] Bd Total Security 2010 Updates Correctly But...

Hi, my BDTS 2010 updates automatically every time I turn on my computer, but I'd rather do it manually. So, I went to update options and I thought that if I inserted for example '48 hours' in the field 'update every', it would do the work. But it didn't. Every time I turn on my computer, BD looks for new updates. So there is any way to avoid this? I'd rather select when to update by myself without having to turn off the automatic updates.

Thank you

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited May 2010

Hello rayloriga,

The update timer is not stored on disk. So whenever BitDefender is restarted (for instance, when the system is restarted or turned off), the timer will start from 0. And at the beginning, BitDefender searches for updates.

However, I donțt really understand what you want to do. If you don't want BitDefender to update automatically, why not just turn off the automatic update? Doing that won't prevent you to manually update by opening BitDefender and clicking Update Now (or even right click on the BitDefender tray icon and selecting Update now).

Another thing that you could do is leave the Automatic update turned on, but set it to ask you for confirmation before downloading and installing new updates. For this, on the Update tab, click Settings and select Prompt before downloading updates on the Automatic update settings section, then press Apply. By doing this, BitDefender will automatically search for updates and, when something is found, it will display a dialog similar to this:

post-60-1274004610_thumb.png

So you will be able to allow or cancel that update.

Cris.

• All right Cris. I think I'm gonna turn off automatic updates and make it by myself. The other thing you're suggesting is what I've done until now.

Thanks again

• Rayloriga feel free to contact us with any future query you may have. Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.