Playstation 3 Vs. Bitdefender Part 2

Could anyone help me with this issue I'm having with bitdefender.

What basically is the problem here is that I'm running a WAP driven network with one of the machines connected to the outside broadband line. The PS3 is linking to the WAP perfectly fine and connects to the internet with a hitch. However, when I try to connect to the Playstation Network, it will always fail. I've spoken to directly to Sony about this issue and they've regarded it as a port problem.

As the connection isn't mine, the person who does is very unwilling to open up any ports. That leaves me in a sticky situation. However, If I can find a secure way of opening the ports on the firewall then this person will let me do it.

I was wondering if anyone tech savvy here would be able to help me into figuring a way of connecting it up without endangering the other machines from the open port through bitdefender.

Now, i'm not very tech savvy myself as you've proberly gathered, but is it possible lock a port to a certain internal ip address (i.e. the ps3).

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hello,

The port numbers for PLAYSTATION®Network servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658.

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Firewall' then to 'Rules'

5. Click on the small '+'

6. Make sure the boxes next to ANY for both program and command line are checked.

7. Select all 9 boxes under Events and Adapter type;

8. Select the Allow option

9. Go to Advanced tab

10. Type the port number into the 'Port(s)' box.

11. Click on OK

12. Repeat the steps for all ports you need to open.

13. Test to see if the issue still persist

Regards,