Update Files....revisited!

Hi! DanyDan!!: Thanks for your useful reply in the ''Update Files'' topic, i tried to post there but it was closed :( , i jus wanted to say that reading your answer to my original post, led me to the following conclusions and also to other questions:

cumulative.zip: For v10 products and below.

weekly.exe: The file that contains the latest product updates, including malaware definitions, engine updates, module updates, etc.

pluginsx**.exe.: Include the contents of the plugins folder and here's my first question: It contents only malaware definition updates?, a couple of questions: right now there are 3 folders in my BitDefender Threat Scanner folder, it seems every time i update using weekly.exe, a new folder av32bit_xxxxx is created, ending in an incremental number, it means that this folder is growing each time i update so here's the first question: can i erase the old av32bit_xxxxx folders manually to save disk space?, second question: in case that i wouldn't be able to erase any old av32bit_xxxxx folder and need to update using pluginsx**.exe, what would be the name of the folder containing the plugins folder to where the contents of pluginsx**.exe should be extracted, taking into consideration that i would have many of them at that time?

67ae65a43d.png

Finally i'm having an error sometimes when i update using weekly.exe, here's what it says:

''The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\av32bit_000\Plugins\TBDA.tmp.''

80b21542d8.png

No update is installed after this and the BitDefender icon disappears from the System Tray, i must say some of its services remain up 'cause i'm able to scan every file/folder without rebooting.

Any help to resolve this issue and to answer my questions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance to all forum and team members!! ;)

Comments

• In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering, we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and select Run (for Vista you have the search box);

2. Type 'cmd' and hit Enter;

3. Type

cd %programfiles%/bitdefender/bitdefender 2010

and hit Enter;

4. Type

supporttool.exe /vsservtrace on

and hit Enter;

5. A pop-up should appear asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot the PC. If you are not asked to restart the PC, please do so on your own;

6. Open BitDefender and reproduce the issue a couple of times;

7. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer;

8. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition;

9. Double left click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator;

10. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish;

11. Please also go to the desktop and send us the file that was created by the SupportTool. You can either upload it here and send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link or submit the supporttool file to us then send me a PM with the ticket ID you received from us.

Thank you!

Regards,