Portscan Blocked - Where Can I Find The Information?

I just got a message a portscan was blocked. IP 65..... and the message dissapeared.

Simple question; Is there a place I can read/see back what happened, when it happened and what IP it was? I can't find it and searching the forums gave only a few topics which are not relevant.

Are there some log files or can I acces info through the program?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Tconl
    edited May 2010

Hmm you can't edit a topic? Fail...

Anyway; I had another portscan but screenshotted the report of the portscan. Traced the ip on a webpage to somewhere in Japan. Not that helpfull but hey. :)

My question above still stands ofcourse, atleast BitDefender did block them. :)

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hello,

The portscan log can be found if you follow these steps:

1. Open BitDefender security center and switch it to Expert Mode;

2. Go to Firewall tab;

3. Click on Activity;

4. Check the box for 'Increase log verbosity' IF you wish a more detailed log to be created by BitDefender in order to get more information about the computer traffic;

5. Click on 'View Log' and you will find the information you need listed in the log.

Please note that a port scan does not mean your computer is attacked. That notification can be also displayed because of certain applications (i.e. Torrent clients) that are scanning to see on what ports are they allowed to connect to your computer. You can note down the IP mentioned in the BitDefender pop-up notification and check it here

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Regards,