Bitdefender/rapidshare

Sirs,

I m having same issue but with bitdefender 2010, when trying to stop the download, the program stops but the connection still goes on and on, and the only way to stop it was to disconnect and reconnect again to internet, that post for the httpproxy didnt help at all, so i removed bitdefender for now until u figure out the solution

Comments

• Hi Maac,

Would be best to further investigate the matter so we can find a resolution for it. Please provide me with a topic link or a ticket ID if you already have worked on this issue with any of my colleagues.

Also I would recommend you to re-install BitDefender so you can actually work on the recommended resolution / work-around. If you need further assistance on how to correctly re-install please let me know.

Try to describe the issue you encounter with as many details as possible, also include a screenshot of any error message you may receive.

Looking forward to your answer!

• ok, to start with, i was having issues with internet download manager, each time i add a link the activity bar starts with crazy traffic, then i encountered someone having same issue here in the forum so i followed the post for solution, a workaround, about renaming the httpproxy file, and by the way same issue with msn messenger freezing and same workaround by renaming the imguimsn file, both solution did not completely work, so i ended up removing BD, and now everything is back to normal ...

in detail, i have a rapidshare acc and Internet download manager (also tried flashget same problem), when i add a link i have an option to start downloading or download later, so i choose to download later, but the activity bar says there is something working in background followed netstat command to see that there is session opened with rapidshare so i terminated IDM, still the same, terminated internet explorer still the same, last resort was disable connection and reconnected again, and there it stopped, did that for the last four times till i found that there was something wrong in bitdefender that kept the session open with rapidshare so i uninstalled it, and everything now is normal even msn messenger which was freezing every once an a while or when first sign in it froze for about 10 sec, so any solution ????

• Hi Maac,

I believe that the software have an executable file to start the program with. Please add the file as an exception into the Antivirus module, also add a Firewall rule for it and the issue should be resolved.

To add an AVC rule follow the steps below:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse for the executable file (.EXE) and add it as an exception.

To add a Firewall rule follow the steps below:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software.

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE

3. Click on OK

4. Go to 'Firewall' then to 'Rules'

5. There search the rule added for each applications then delete it from the list (IF present in the list)

6. Click on the small '+'

7. Locate the executable file for each software by clicking on the 'Browse' button (i.e. Firefox.exe)

8. Select all 9 boxes under EVENTS and ADAPTER TYPE

9. Under ACTION select ALLOW and click on OK

10. Restart the computer and the issue should be resolved.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.