I use bitdefender on my XP . I have a problem with the vsserv.exe process- it's using over than 70% from my cpu.
Thanks in advance
Please tell me what BitDefender product are you currently using. Also mention what Windows Service Pack you have installed on your Windows XP machine.
Thank you for your response..
iam using bitdefender internet security 2009 and windows XP service pack 2
Hello,Please tell me what BitDefender product are you currently using. Also mention what Windows Service Pack you have installed on your Windows XP machine.
I would recommend you to do the following two upgrades:
- install Windows XP Service Pack 3 from Microsoft website. To learn how to make the upgrade please visit this article:
- after you install ServicePack 3 please restart the computer then upgrade BitDefender to the latest version, 2010 as explained below:
1. Please use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files:
2. Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it, then restart the computer when prompted.
3. For 32bits computers download and install this file:
For 64bits computers download the file below:
4. After installation restart the computer. When the computer is back up use your license key to register the software.
Hi Im having a similiar issue where seccenter.exe is steady at 48% cpu - no IO reads/writes multiple reboots to no avail and it stays looping .. Try to go into BD main panel "show" and get the message BD services are not responding..
windows 7 64 bit BD internet security 2010 18.104.22.1687
been reading on this - seems to be a pervasive issue impacting many users .. how close are we to a fix ?
Further to your query be kindly informed that we need to further investigate the matter and gather the information we need. Please follow the steps below and generate the logs we need. Once you have the logs please upload them HERE then send me a PM with the download link.
In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:
1. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.
2. Browse to
C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010
- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition
3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, rightclick on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator
4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish
5. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.
[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]
- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);
- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);
- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);
- Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to send by e-mail) and upload it along with the diagnostic tools.
We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution.