Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2 More Problems With Bd 2010

Options

MIDAS32.DLL is one of the bd files that loads into windows explorer ,and causes explorer to randomly crash, most times it will restart again but sometime it doesn't,thanks bd also ie7 sometimes will fail to completely load so is unusable, have to end task or process using task manager,these are only recent issues,since build 13.0.21.347

Also even though the avc is disabled because it causes problems, it still asks for programs to be blocked or allowed and they are added to it's allowed list??? which to me means that the end user has no control over this module

And before it is suggested that it is something else causing these issues, i have un-installed bd, and the problems stop, after i re-installed it they came back again, are these going to be fixed?

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    MIDAS32.DLL is one of the bd files that loads into windows explorer ,and causes explorer to randomly crash, most times it will restart again but sometime it doesn't,thanks bd also ie7 sometimes will fail to completely load so is unusable, have to end task or process using task manager,these are only recent issues,since build 13.0.21.347

Also even though the avc is disabled because it causes problems, it still asks for programs to be blocked or allowed and they are added to it's allowed list??? which to me means that the end user has no control over this module

And before it is suggested that it is something else causing these issues, i have un-installed bd, and the problems stop, after i re-installed it they came back again, are these going to be fixed?

Besides your problem, you'd better update IE7 to IE8 (I'd rather use Firefox but I update IE as well)

There are many reasons for software to fail to connect. Since BD runs smoothly with many systems, we have to check why your system fails.

Download the software that fits your system from the forum.

Deinstall completely BD.

Clean cautiously the registry with CCleaner.

Reinstall BD software from the file downloaded before going back on internet.

Do you have any reason to suspect a malware? Some love to deactive antivirus soft...

Maybe a BD tech will answer you in a while.

Good cleaning and restoring!

:huh:

L.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Davey,

First and foremost be kindly informed that the issue with the midas32.dll file has been already escalated to the respectful department and we are working towards a resolution as we speak.

Also please note that in order to be able to identify the issue you encounter you need to have BitDefender installed. Moreover please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

Considering the fact that you have another topic open that we work on, I would recommend you to troubleshoot all issues you encounter with BitDefender on a single topic. Please follow the steps I present in THIS topic and send me the requested log files.

Looking forward to your answer!

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.