"scan Failed To Execute" Everytime I Try To Scan

I get that error message "Scan failed to execute"

I tried downloading a patch that was on BD site but it would not complete it kept asking me to retry or ignore or abort

any help would be great

Comments

• I get that error message "Scan failed to execute"

I tried downloading a patch that was on BD site but it would not complete it kept asking me to retry or ignore or abort any help would be great

Hi alia24,

Please give details on your system. (XP? Vista? Seven? - your bitdefender is on a lone computer? on a network?) BDIS2010 or BDIT2010? (I do not think however IS or IT does make a difference there)

When did it happen?

What did you install since the last successful update?

I guess you have no other FW-AV software on your computer? Windows firewall is deactivated? (necessary)

Giving details is useful for the helpdesk.

Now, you could use the repair/remove function first to reinstall BD and check if you can have access to the scan.

A technician from BD will probably answer you soon.

Good search,

:)

L.

• Hi Alia24,

I have sent you an email with instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

• Hi alia24,

Please give details on your system. (XP? Vista? Seven? - your bitdefender is on a lone computer? on a network?) BDIS2010 or BDIT2010? (I do not think however IS or IT does make a difference there)

When did it happen?

What did you install since the last successful update?

I guess you have no other FW-AV software on your computer? Windows firewall is deactivated? (necessary)

Giving details is useful for the helpdesk.

Now, you could use the repair/remove function first to reinstall BD and check if you can have access to the scan.

A technician from BD will probably answer you soon.

Good search,

:)

L.

Hello

its netbook with Windows 7 Prem. home and I have BDIS2010

it happened just about 3 hours b4 I posted on here so about pm on june 18th

and the last intall was a windows update but its a netbook and I own about 6 computers so its not used daily but i only use on fw/av and I did let BD turn off windows fw

so I couldnt find anything on that error except that patch so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling bitdefender and ran a scan which worked fine and tonight I turned it on and tried running a scan again and so far so good

thanks for your help I did get an email from BD and I am going to reply to hime now

Thanks

• Hi Alia24,

I have sent you an email with instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Hello

I did get your email im sorry I got back so late in my reply but it was on blackberry so I wanted to get my computer on and check it out and so far after I reinatalled it I can scan and I tred it twice so im saving your email and if I run into this again i will follow your advice but I think I will wait and see how it goes, so far so good.

its pretty rare I come across a probelm with BD usually it fixed with an update so I will be in touch.

Thanks Again

• Hi Alia,

Glad to see the issue was resolved. Feel free to create a topic anytime. Have a great day!

Regards,