Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Block A Program?

Options

Hi,,,,

How to block a program in BitDefender Internet Security 2010?

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    Hi,,,,

How to block a program in BitDefender Internet Security 2010?

Hi,

Firewall?

Firewall,

Rules,

click twice on the program you want to deactivate

click twice to access to the panel where you can click on Deny (instead of Authorize) in the Action box.

Antivirus?

Resident

Parameters

among exclusions, choose the exe file you want to block click on authorize and choose block

You can surf in your system to add a file to block (or to authorize)

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Husain,

Please mention what you mean by 'block a program'. You wish that program not to access the Internet or not to run on your computer ?

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• DBGT
    Options
    Hi Husain,

Please mention what you mean by 'block a program'. You wish that program not to access the Internet or not to run on your computer ?

Regards,

I want to block a program so it will not be run on my computer

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

You can prevent a program from running on your computer if you add it as a rule into Active Virus Control. To do that follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender security center;

2. Switch it to Expert mode from the Settings button;

3. Go to Antivirus tab;

4. Click on the Advanced Settings button;

5. Add the executable file of the program you wish to block as a rule into AVC.

6. Restart the computer.

If the program is also connecting to the Internet you can block its access by adding a rule into BitDefender Firewall module.

Regards,

• DBGT
    Options
    Hello,

You can prevent a program from running on your computer if you add it as a rule into Active Virus Control. To do that follow the steps below:

1. Open BitDefender security center;

2. Switch it to Expert mode from the Settings button;

3. Go to Antivirus tab;

4. Click on the Advanced Settings button;

5. Add the executable file of the program you wish to block as a rule into AVC.

6. Restart the computer.

If the program is also connecting to the Internet you can block its access by adding a rule into BitDefender Firewall module.

Regards,

Thanks, antivirus block option didn't work with me, even in the firewall option it seems that the microsoft software like messenger cannot be blocked.

• Unknown
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hi Husain,

May I ask why or how exactly you wish the program to be blocked ? Applications like Windows Live Messenger can be blocked by clicking on the Config button under Parental Control feature in BitDefender as shwon in the printscreen below.

post-20064-1278132279_thumb.jpg

Note that you will need to set the Windows Username associated with the person using the Live Messenger that you wish to block. Also keep in mind that you can block an application permanently or based on a schedule. For more information on the Parental Control please see the BitDefender Internet Security 2010 UserGuide

Regards,

• DBGT
    Options
    Hi Husain,

May I ask why or how exactly you wish the program to be blocked ? Applications like Windows Live Messenger can be blocked by clicking on the Config button under Parental Control feature in BitDefender as shwon in the printscreen below.

post-20064-1278132279_thumb.jpg

Note that you will need to set the Windows Username associated with the person using the Live Messenger that you wish to block. Also keep in mind that you can block an application permanently or based on a schedule. For more information on the Parental Control please see the BitDefender Internet Security 2010 UserGuide

Regards,

Thank you DanyDan, you are the best

• DBGT
    Options

this message appear when i try to block something:

http://img191.imageshack.us/f/pictureq.gif/

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

The error you receive reproduce no matter what application you are trying to block or just with Windows Live Messenger ?

I have double checked and the issue do not reproduce on my PC with either old or new Windows Messenger.

Try to repair BitDefender , restart the computer then try to add the file again as blocked application under Parental Control module.

The default path for Windows Live Messenger is:

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

Keep in mind to try to block the application for all Windows Usernames to see if the error reproduce on all users.

Please let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

• DBGT
    Options
    Hello,

The error you receive reproduce no matter what application you are trying to block or just with Windows Live Messenger ?

I have double checked and the issue do not reproduce on my PC with either old or new Windows Messenger.

Try to repair BitDefender , restart the computer then try to add the file again as blocked application under Parental Control module.

The default path for Windows Live Messenger is:

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

Keep in mind to try to block the application for all Windows Usernames to see if the error reproduce on all users.

Please let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

I tried all of these but the same message appear to me for all applications I want to block, i can block nothing

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Husain,

Please right click on BitDefender icon next to your computer's clock and select 'About'. Provide me with a screenshot of that window.

Keep in mind that you can't add Windows files such as Explorer.exe as a blocked application, however Windows Live Messenger is not considered a Windows System file nor application. Try to block an application such as Winamp, WinRar or Skype to see if the issue still replicates.

Do you have Administrator rights on the PC ?

• DBGT
    Options
    Hi Husain,

Please right click on BitDefender icon next to your computer's clock and select 'About'. Provide me with a screenshot of that window.

Keep in mind that you can't add Windows files such as Explorer.exe as a blocked application, however Windows Live Messenger is not considered a Windows System file nor application. Try to block an application such as Winamp, WinRar or Skype to see if the issue still replicates.

Do you have Administrator rights on the PC ?

I can block nothing when i try to block something the previous message appear to me

Yes I am the administrator

this is the screen-shot:

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/90840971.jpg/

• DBGT
    Options

My PC specifications:

Windows XP Professional SP3

Pentium D 925 @3.0 GHz

2GB DDR2

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please check your email associated with your forum account. I have re-open the ticket you had with us ID: 201007101007015

Send me back the requested information so we can further investigate this matter and find a resolution for it.

Regards,