Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Super Granny 3 And Adware.spystormer.c

Options

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello PawBear

Spystormer is a rogue antispyware application. Which gives false positiv to let users buy their software.

From which source have you downloaded Super Granny 3?

Regards

Niels

• Hello PawBear

Spystormer is a rogue antispyware application. Which gives false positiv to let users buy their software.

From which source have you downloaded Super Granny 3?

Regards

Niels

Thanks for responding.

My wife purchased Supper Granny (downloaded) directly from Reflexive.com. I will advise them of your response.

Thank you.

• Hi Guys... did a scan today & bit defender found the spystormer ... can someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of it? I tried to quarantine & delete when the bit defender scan was done.. but it would not delete.

I would be very greatful to some insight. Thanks in advance

• OK, I just did another scan... the file is in c:\Windows|Program Files\HPGames\Cakemania\slgClientServicesRedists.exe

appears to be a game.. & I have not played any of these games... properties show it was created Feb. 2006.. Computer was bought in Jan 07 NEW... so I uess this is a factory installed game & exe file... & a false positive??

Should I leave it alone?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks Again

• Niels
    Options

Hello tjpjrp

Then that game was already preinstalled. That isn't a high threat. You can exclude so it will not being detected during a scan. Start BitDefender go to antivirus,scanning,right click on the scan type choose change scan path,press on add new folder now browse to c:\Windows|Program Files\HPGames\Cakemania\ press on open uncheck and press on ok in the BitDefender screen. If you want to keep it. If not take a look at the control panel,software section to delete it.

Spyware stormer is a high threat. You can use this tool to delete the leftovers. You have to select one of free dowloads from mirrors (downloadlinks). Wait a few second the download will start. Install the program press on update. If updates availables confirm to download them. Reboot your pc into safe mode. By rebooting your pc but press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen choose safe mode press enter. Log in with your account start the programme. Press on scan.

Perform another BitDefender scan in safe by following these instructions

Best regards

Niels