Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocks Canon Wireless Printer

Options

I use a Canon 568 printer with wireless connection. While I can scan, printer does not work unless I disable the firewall. Canon's recommendation was to disable to firewall each time I want to print. Is there a more meaningful way to fix that?

Thank you,

Cem

Comments

• Lionet
    Options
    I use a Canon 568 printer with wireless connection. While I can scan, printer does not work unless I disable the firewall. Canon's recommendation was to disable to firewall each time I want to print. Is there a more meaningful way to fix that?

Thank you,Cem

Bonjour cemtp,

Difficile de vous répondre par l'affirmative, je n'utilise jamais ce type de connection.

Toutefois, je ne vois pas pourquoi vous ne pourriez pas créer une règle dans le pare-feu comme pour une connection par fil.

Pare-feu

Règles

Avancé

Cliquer sur la petite croix pour ajouter une nouvelle règle dans le pare-feu, et dans le menu suivant principal vous définissez le chemin d'accès au programme et le programme éventuellement.

D'ailleurs vous pouvez très bien crééer la règle et sans la supprimer désactiver l'accès à tel ou tel logiciel si vous le souhaitez.

Avez-vous essayé ces fonctions du pare-feu BD?

bonne soirée,

:)

L.

• Lionet
    Options

Thank you,

Cem

Hi cemtp,

Sorry i wrote in french below and i can no longer edit it or modify it. (message to be suppressed)

:huh:

Maybe you could check in the parameters of network or firewall to add a rule.

The first time you plugged the printer, it went so fast you had no time to accept it?

Good luck

:)

L.

• Unknown
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hello,

In order to resolve the issue you are facing please make the following settings:

- open BitDefender Security Center and switch to Expert Mode from the Settings button;

- go to the Firewall tab;

- click on Network;

- set the Trust Level to 'Full Trust';

- set the Stealth Mode to 'Off';

- set the Generic Profile to 'Yes';

Make sure that you select the Wireless adapter. If you are using a router you can also add it as a trusted zone in the same module, Firewall -> Network by clicking on the small '+' then typing the IP of the router and selecting 'Allow'.

@Lionet: Comment avez-vous savoir qu'il est Francais ? Aucun problem pour le post precedent en Francais, mais si c'est possible de poursuivre en Anglais ? Merci beaucoup :)

No azerty :(

Regards,