Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Stops When Searching For Rootkits

Options

Hello,

I use BD Total Security 2010 and every time I run a deep system scan it stops when it reaches rootkit lookup. It no longer reacts to any action, the window simply does not respond and I have to terminate the program and thus not complete the scan. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

Did you notice that whether the no. of scanned items changed or not? If yes, then it is normal as Bitdefender takes some time on rootkit scan.

• Aleris
    Options
    Hi

Did you notice that whether the no. of scanned items changed or not? If yes, then it is normal as Bitdefender takes some time on rootkit scan.

Yes, they do. The scan runs just fine until this point. I understand it takes a while, but is it normal for the window and thus the program to be completely unresponsive?

Thank you!

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Aleris,

Please try to run a Full System Scan and let me know if any issues occur. When the scan is complete please post the scan results in here.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,