Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Using 100% Of One Core

Options

Hiya,

vsserv.exe has been using 25% of my overall CPU (100% of one core) for the last 3 days non-stop.

Can you please let me know what I can do about this? While I have not noticed a slow down, I am worried about the heat issue. My fans have been up 30% in speed for about the same amount of time.

Thanks,

David Borneman

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hi David,

Information on how to further investigate this matter were sent to your email address associated with the forum account. Please reply with the requested log file and you will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

• I will try doing that shortly. I tried it last night after I made the forum thread, but the support tool hung with systemdump.exe running at 25%, same as vsserv.exe, so I killed the process. vssserv is not currently locked tho... which might make a difference. It has been ok since rebooting this AM (I tend to not reboot very often, tho I dont know if that makes a difference. Usually only once a week or so, when I notice a slow down).

Dave

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

If you can't use the SupportTool application, follow the steps below and send me the Sysdump.tar file as a reply to my email:

1. Download THIS file

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take a several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

Looking forward to your answer!