Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Very Slow System Scan

Options

After resolving the Vulnerability issues on my T21 ThinkPad yesterday, I started a System Scan still trying to get rid of the exclamation mark over the BD icon.

Its been running now 18+ hours, scanning 5 files/sec, 390,000 items.

Is this normal? Because 18+ hours makes the PC unusable during that time. I know its an old laptop with limited memory and CPU speed, but if this is as good as it gets...

Are there better recommendations anyone can make because scheduling a System Scan even once a month would be torture.

Comments

• Or does BD only scan differences on sucessive System Scans thereby makinf the run time much shorter?

The scan just finished after 21 hours.

• Hello,

Further to your query please note that the number of files scanned / second is based on computer speed and the file size. Considering that you are using an older computer, the speed will also be decreased. The only thing you can do to speed up the scanning process is to modify the size of the file being scanned. In other words to set BitDefender not to scan files larger than XXX MB.

To set the size of files follow the steps below:

- open BitDefender and switch it to Expert Mode from the Settings button

- go to the Antivirus tab

- click on the Custom Level button

- set the size of the files (in KB)

Also you can add as exclusions certain extensions such as .avi, .mp3, .wav etc considered as low risk infection. That can be done in BitDefender -> Antivirus -> Exclusions having the GUI in Expert Mode (from the Settings button)

Regards,