Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender 2011 Blocking Stock Live Feeds

Options

I have Bitdefender total security 2011 installed. I recently registered for a online trading terminal. My problem is that bitdefender block the live feeds. When I login to my trading terminal, a new pop up window opens in which java loads up fine, live feed grids also loads up fine but no live feeds. I have allowed the website to connect from the privacy control/****** tab. I did not face this problem in Kaspersky or Norton. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with the website you are referring to along with a screenshot if applicable. Also mention what browser are you using and what is your Internet connection type.

Regards,

• dbs
    Options
    Hello,

Please provide me with the website you are referring to along with a screenshot if applicable. Also mention what browser are you using and what is your Internet connection type.

Regards,

Hi DanyDan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am referring to www.sbicapsec.com. When I login to this website, the trading terminal opens up in a new popup window in both firefox 3.6 and internet explorer 8. Java loads up fine but i get "unable to connect to the ticker plant" error from the webpage. When I uninstall bitdefender feeds are back. I don't have this problem in kaspersky and norton. I allowed the bitdefender popup message requesting to allow "the website to open activex content from this website". I have attached the screenshots. I am using win7 x64, internet connection is dsl 512kbps.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Regards,

post-35565-1282843313_thumb.jpg

post-35565-1282843347_thumb.jpg

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi,

Lets first try to make few tests to see if the issue persist after we start disable each BitDefender module at a time. Switch BitDefender to Expert View from the Options button then follow the steps below:

- go to the Firewall tab and disable it for 30 minutes;

- test to see if the issue still occur;

- keep the module disabled

- go to Antivirus tab and check if you have AVC and IDS enabled;

- if so:

- disable AVC;

- test to see if the issue replicates

- disable IDS;

- disable the Real Time Protection(main tab under the Antivirus tab);

Disable each of the modules at a time and check to see if the issue still occur. Also check your email associated with your forum account and send me the requested log files.

Last but not least, if possible also enclose a screenshot of the feeds displayed on the screen (even from another computer). I wish to see how exactly are those feeds displayed.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

Lets first try to make few tests to see if the issue persist after we start disable each BitDefender module at a time. Switch BitDefender to Expert View from the Options button then follow the steps below:

- go to the Firewall tab and disable it for 30 minutes;

- test to see if the issue still occur;

- keep the module disabled

- go to Antivirus tab and check if you have AVC and IDS enabled;

- if so:

- disable AVC;

- disable IDS;

- disable the Real Time Protection(main tab under the Antivirus tab);

Disable each of the modules at a time and check to see if the issue still occur. Also check your email associated with your forum account and send me the requested log files.

Last but not least, if possible also enclose a screenshot of the feeds displayed on the screen (even from another computer). I wish to see how exactly are those feeds displayed.

Looking forward to your answer!

• So what is the solution for this issue?

Currently I am facing the exact same problem i.e when i login to sbicapsec my BD Internet Security wont allow live feeds on the website. If there was a resolution provided to the original poster please share the answer with others as well. Currently I have to disable all my BD services to get live feeds. I would like a workaround instead.

neo

• Unknown
    edited April 2011
    Options

Hello,

Which BitDefender module is resolving the issue ? The Antivirus (Real Time Protection) or the Firewall module ? Also provide me with the list of IPs that the sbicapsec is using to connect to (the servers IPs you try to connect to check the live feeds). You can get those IPs from the Company in question.

Also mention what Operating System are you using and the PC architecture (32-bits or 64-bits computer).

As soon as you will provide me with the info above, I will be able to provide you with the correct resolution.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Which BitDefender module is resolving the issue ? The Antivirus (Real Time Protection) or the Firewall module ? Also provide me with the list of IPs that the sbicapsec is using to connect to (the servers IPs you try to connect to check the live feeds). You can get those IPs from the Company in question.

Also mention what Operating System are you using and the PC architecture (32-bits or 64-bits computer).

As soon as you will provide me with the info above, I will be able to provide you with the correct resolution.

Kind regards,

Thanks Dan for looking into this.

I have to disable Real Time Protection AND Identity Control to make this work. Disabling just one those services doesn't work. The rest of the BD modules are left running.

As for the IPs I have written and asked for their customer care for the IP details meanwhile I am attaching a screenshot of the TCPView on which you can look up their IPs. Note IE connects to sbicapsec with 115.112.226.166 (Server IP) and 115.112.226.164 is the IP used by Java running on the browser which actually connects to the 'TickerPlant Server' to get live feeds.

More information about sbicapsec n/w details: http://www.robtex.com/dns/www.sbicapsec.com.html#records

I am running Win XP SP3 32bit OS and using IE7 & Firefox 3.6 to connect to this website.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

post-55326-1302045873_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Thank you for the info you provided me with. Now I can propose you a resolution and see if it will resolve the issue you encounter so we can work on a general fix for it.

I needed that info since I do not have an account to perform the tests on. Please check your email associated with your forum account and follow the steps enclosed in my email. Your ticket ID is: 201104061008511. After the restart check to see if the issue is resolved and let me know the results.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

• The workaround you provided worked perfectly. I tested it both with IE & Firefox and I don't see any problems getting the live feeds now while all BD modules are left running. I hope there won't be any adverse effects by skipping these IPs altogether.

Thanks for your help once again.

neo

• Hi Neo,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved, I knew it will be :D

No, there is a zero risk in having those IPs added to trust list as the only Company that can use them is the Sbicapsec. I have also closed the ticket 201104061008511 you had open with us as the issue is now resolved.

Feel free to contact us with any further queries you may have!

Best regards,