Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved]using Different Versions Of Internet Security (2010/2011) On Different Pc's Not Possible

Options

Last year I installed Internet Security 2010 on 1 new laptop (Windows 7, 64 bit) and 2 older PC "s (XP 32 bit).

Licence had to be renewed 2 weeks ago.

During installation on the Windows7 laptop an automatic scan was started and advised to install IS2011 install on the laptop. I've contacted customer support, because I had problems during the installation of 2011.

Customer support advised me to install IS2011 on the new laptop and keep IS2010 on the older 2 PC's (XP SP3, not enough disk space).

Now the problem is that by upgrading to 2011 I've received a new licencenr that only works in IS2011 and is not accepted in IS2010. It seems like it is not possible to use different versions (2010/2011) on different PCs.

The problem is that the licencenr for IS 2011 is not accepted in IS 2010... The warning "your licencenr is too short" appears when registering in 2010.

I have contacted customer support several times by mail and telephone, got 3 ticket nrs since 8th october, but still no answer! When calling Support: no answer because it's to busy. On the 8th october they promised to contact me for a solution.

In the meantime my licences on the 2 older PCs has expired, so that they are unprotected ...I already payed for IS2011.

Question: Anyone knows what to do? Maybe it is possible to return to version 2010 if you already have installed 2011 and how do I get the right licencenr for 2010?

Comments

• If you look in my sig, I have BDAV 2011 installed on 2 PCs and BDAV 2009 installed on 1 older PC. All 3 are using the same 20-digit license key, so it can be done.

I'm sure when George sees your post, he will be able to help you.

Regards,

• Hello Leonie,

A colleague from Customer Care will contact you shortly via email. Your licenses will be adjusted so that you can use both versions of BitDefender.

P.S. Thanks Gary :)

• P.S. Thanks Gary :)

No problem. Thank YOU! ;)