Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Xp Critical Update Problem

Options

Hi there,

I'm running bitdefender antivirus 2010 in windows xp. When I look at the "Security Status" window it tells me that I need to perform the Critical Windows XP updates and provides a list of those updates. When I click "Fix This Issue" the program icon spins around, states that the updates are being downloaded, and nothing happens....the icon just continues spinning and never completes the udpate. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Hi there,

I'm running bitdefender antivirus 2010 in windows xp. When I look at the "Security Status" window it tells me that I need to perform the Critical Windows XP updates and provides a list of those updates. When I click "Fix This Issue" the program icon spins around, states that the updates are being downloaded, and nothing happens....the icon just continues spinning and never completes the udpate. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi rcham10,

1) Do you have a regular activated windows system? ( a genuine Windows system)

2) Check the updates codes and find them out on Microsoft's forum, maybe you will find there the issue.

Regards

:)

L.

• rcham10 - first, welcome to the forum :)

BD simply hooks into the WinXP Windows Update function so I'm wondering how you have your MS update function set in WinXP? It doesn't sound like you have WinXP set to automatically download and install critical updates since BD is finding ones needing to be installed. Remember also that by default, BD will list both Critical and Regular Windows Updates. On my WinXP desktop, there are some "Regular" Windows Updates that I have intentionally decided NOT to install such as Silverlight and Windows Search 4.0, so check the list carefully before telling it to install all the updates.

Does the PC update correctly when run directly from WinXP? I would try Start-->All Programs-->Windows Update and follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates from there.

Have you sucessfully used this BD function before, or is this a new install of BD?

Awaiting your reply,