Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Register Bitdefender -- "cannot Register To Server" -- Help!

Options

I cannot create an email/password to register BD on my laptop computer. It keeps giving me an error of "cannot register to server." I reinstalled, updated, and nothing. My 30 days trial will end soon and this is worrisome. I have checked my firewalls but they are not active, and I have completely cleared my computer of any previous antivirus softwares. What can I do? I read all forums about this issue, and the only solution was, apparently, a patch which could be emailed to me. I also heard that it has something to do with proxy. I already registered with my key but this issue is about activating. Help!

Comments

• Hi derango,

In order to help you, I kindly ask you to send me a PM (or you ca post here) with a Screenshot of the error message you are receiving while you try to create your BitDefender online account, and also tell me if you are using Proxy in order to connect to Internet.

How to take a Screenshot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint));

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format.

In order to find the Proxy settings in INTERNET EXPLORER, please follow the steps below:

Open Internet Explorer - > go to Tools - > Internet Options - > Connections tab - > LAN settings - >

now take a look at 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' and you should see the Address and Port of the proxy.

(also, you can click on "Advanced" in order to have more information on the proxy).

In order to find the Proxy settings in MOZILLA, please follow the steps below:

Open Mozilla - > go to Tools - > Options - > Advanced tab - > find below the Network tab - >

click on Settings - > and here you should find the settings for the proxy.

Thank you.