Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan All Files Vs Scan Program Files Only ?

Options

Hi,

I have noticed that my PC becomes more responsive and faster if I select the "Scan Program files only" option.

I usually am very conscious and cautious on my web browsing habits which means that I do not visit dangerous sites and mostly I do not download free music or videos, so the question is: is it safe to select this option vs the "Scan all files" one?

Thanks for any comments :rolleyes:

Comments

• If you say you don't visit harnful sites and you work in a safe environment, it is safe to chose the "scan only program files". Selecting this action will make BD Real time shield to scan only programs: .exe files, .dll files, .com files etc. This will make your computer work faster, but with slightly reduced security. ;)

Andrei

• If you say you don't visit harnful sites and you work in a safe environment, it is safe to chose the "scan only program files". Selecting this action will make BD Real time shield to scan only programs: .exe files, .dll files, .com files etc. This will make your computer work faster, but with slightly reduced security. ;)

Andrei

Thanks a lot Andrei.

Greetings from Mexico :)

Enrique Diazruanova

• Glad that I could assist you! :)

Also, greetings from Romania!

Andrei