Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Protected Usb

Options

Hi

today someone come to me and ask me to solve him problem

his USB be write protected and has autorun.inf

I inserted it in my PC and BD detect it and show it deleted but in fact it still in USB

I tried format it but error message display

so the problem is USB be write protected and AV can't delete malware and I ask if there is a methode to remove write protected

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

Kindly shed light on how did "someone" who came to you write protected the USB? Is there any lock button (write protection) on USB or he use some software to make it write protect?

Also mention the USB detail (manufacturer and model) and send the snapshot of error message.

• Is there any lock button (write protection) on USB or he use some software to make it write protect?

NO IT IS NOT ,I KNOW THIS KNDE VERY WELL .

I search in net and find topic say "this problem casues by virus witch change FAT (make error on FAT files)"

I find HDD Low Level Format Tool format it but it works onely on windows XP SP2 (I have tow PC one has XP SP3 and other windows7 :( )

If BD add this tool to BD Total 2012 (repair Protected USB , I think users find it very good

• To remove the write protection on the stick you need to visit the company website for your USB drive and search for a write protection software.

As ONT correctly remarked,you need to specify the manufacturer and model BUT on this forum we don't troubleshoot this kind of situations and if you manage to remove the write protection and BitDefender still cannot remove the autorun.inf file only then we can continue with this topic.

If presumably a virus would damage the drive making it unusable then a chkdsk command would fix it.