Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Spam Just Coming Right On In

Options

I've got the anti spam set up in Outlook 2007 running on Windows Vista Home. However, the spam doesn't even get filtered out. Once in awhile it will filter a good message out but most of the time I have to tell it for every spam message that this is spam. Then it adds the email address in to spammers. Of course if the spammer uses the email address to spam me in the future, it catches it. Most of the time each spam message just has a different email address.

What I don't understand is why this spam software is set to look for email addresses? Most spammers just make up addresses and so the spam comes on through. This software works so poorly that unless this changes, I doubt I'll ever use it again. I can delete spam messages as easily as I can mark them as spam. It doesn't make sense.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi donbts,

In order to further assist you I need to know the ports you use for the incoming and for the outgoing e-mails. To see these, please follow the steps bellow:

- open your Outlook;

- from Tools choose Account Settings;

- select your e-mail account, double click on it and a new window named Change E-mail Account will open;

- from here click on the More Settings button and choose the Advanced tab.

Also please let me know if your encryption connection is set on SSL.

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you.