Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scanning...scanning...scanning...and Totally Ignoring Schedule

Options

I have Bitdefender Total Security 13.0.21.347 set up on a windows 7 machine with all current updates. I've scheduled scans in BD to run ~3 am, when no one is using the computer. Quick system scan once a day and other more intensive scans at other intervals.

The problem is, BD totally ignores the schedules and seems to want to run 2-3 quick scans and 2-3 system scans per day - sometimes running at the same time, and sometimes it will be running all 3 (ie quick system scan, system scan, and deep system scan) then try to run a second instance which triggers a "The scan is already running.." error.

I have disabled the scheduled scans, yet the scanning continues. Any thoughts on what may be causing this behavior - and any possible way to stop it!?!?

Thanks

Comments

• Someone kindly offer some help on this, because I've faced this plague of an issue also. I'm ready to just strip this software off, because it's not keeping it's scheduling proper. For the past few days I've had this suddenly pop up, first I thought stop the scans. Then I left them run and it pops up again, with another scan not long after.

Either someone goofed on something, or there's something we're not finding. I removed all my schedules also, to see if it would stop to no avail. So either this gets fixed, or I'm looking elsewhere for security software. I don't need it randomly bogging down my system, when I'm in the middle of tasks.

• Hi BlueChoco,

Welcome on the forum!

Give information on your system! (XPSP3? Vista? Seven?...)

I never had this issue, so I would use the "dumb" tip: reinstall the soft (using the french forum's procedure's for a full deinstallation/installation. I do not say it will work for you, but it's rather simple to execute.