Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Increase Auto Scan Length? [resolved]

Options

Hi guys

I am using Bitdefender total security 2010

I am just wondering how I can increase the automatic scan prompt time? I think it roughly prompts me to scan my computer every week or so, which is a bit annoying id like to increase it by another week or so.

Ive looked around in the virus scan settings but could not find a way to do it?

Sorry for an easy question, Im just not familiar with software as well as others

thanks

Comments

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options

It sounds like what you are looking to do is change the scan schedued interval or frequency. Setting the scan schedule is explained on page 366 of the BDTS User's Guide.

Hope this helps,

• It sounds like what you are looking to do is change the scan schedued interval or frequency. Setting the scan schedule is explained on page 366 of the BDTS User's Guide.

Hope this helps,

ahh thanks mate

• ahh thanks mate

actually, Ive right clicked on the task and a schedule is not selected on the scan that it defaults to use, which is deep system scan

So its not actually automatically scanning every week, what I meant was, the program is telling me that I have not scanned for 7 days etc...

What I want to do is increase the time it tells me this?

Sorry should of been more specific

• Now I understand what you are asking. I've seen similar behavior with my installations of BDAV 2011. To my knowledge, that parameter is not a user selectable option.

Regards,

• Now I understand what you are asking. I've seen similar behavior with my installations of BDAV 2011. To my knowledge, that parameter is not a user selectable option.

Regards,

ah ok no worries

thanks for helping

• You're welcome. :)

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.