Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Cd Loaded In Dos, But Froze While Scanning The Computer

Options
alpha84
edited February 2022 in The Archive

TO make a long story short, I was using my computer normally tonight and all of a sudden it froze (wasn't doing anything crazy, just checking Facebook). So I rebooted the computer and found out my monitor did not have any signals going in. After a few attempts of moving the cables around, I finally got the monitor to display screen again but then my Windows 7 64bit froze every time I rebooted.

I tried different methods of repairing with Windows program, restored from previous point, and other methods with no luck. So I decided to download Bitdefender rescue CD to see if it was a virus issue. The program loaded fine from DOS and was scanning, but it would freeze during scan. I tried multiple times to load the program again but every time I got the same result. So I just ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool as my last effort to see if anything popped up, and it detected a hardware issue before the computer froze again.

I don't think it is a hardware issue because the computer has been a solid performer with intel quad core processor, 4gb ram, good power supply and ventilation for 2 years. Can a virus or trojan cause this issue of not even able to boot up anything past POST? I have a lot of sensitive information that I need to back up from that computer and your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.