Problem With Update ?

hello

i have buy bitdifender 10 antivirus before few months

and i instaled it on windows xp (pc configuration is good) and opened acc on bitdifender page i download updates working fine

today i install on my pc windows 7 ultimate (32 bit) on second hard disc

and then i install bitdifender 10 on windows 7

user name and pass i put same on bitdifender

everything working but i can download updates from net

so i try to download and install it manual (but also no success)

then i search on this forum for solution and i see that i can install BitDifender 11 and put same serial key and user and pass from Bitdifender 10

so i download new one and start install

the old version were delited and after reboot ,start with instalation new Bitdifender 11

now its installed BitDifender 11

serial key and user and pass its ok

<<<<<BUT I CANT download updates again (saying me an error occurred during the update. (-2000) pls check online suport..... )

then i try manual to update

and i download and install that week.exe of BitDIfender 11 (i didnt get any error so i guess it is installed ok)

after restart of pc i open Bitdifender and on main paige of program says UPDATE ( Never ) so its something wrong

can you help somehow???

one more thing i buy 1 licence of BitDifender 10 ( I install it on Win xp ) that mean i can use it only on 1 pc

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO INSTALL OTHER OS ( can i use same licence ) is this problem?

Comments

• i install manualy updates 2 times now i get message every time i turn up my pc

BitDifender security service has encountered a critical error

post-39742-1291395012_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Also upload the DMP file mentioned in the above screenshot and send it for analysis.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I follow instructions form article and i get BDSP file

cant upload it here file have 7mb so i upload it somewhere else and put link here

here is the link :

andrea

password for file is -- andrea

on the right botom is safe file on my pc....

thx in advance

• Hello,

Please update BitDefender by right click on the icon in the System tray by selecting "Update Now". Restart the PC then provide me with the following file version:

1. goto the location below in your PC:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender is installed in the default partition, C;

2. Locate the file:

- connector.dll

3. Right click on the file and select Properties then check the file version and post it here.

Also, after BitDefender updated, right click on its icon in the System tray and select "About". Reply with the build you are using.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Conector.dll

file version : 1.0.12.1

program version : 1.0.0.1 ( last update was on 30.12.2010 )

About, Build : 14.0.24.337

one more thing : my father call Bitdifender support in my country and they tell him that he come with PC

i couldnt go with him so i dont know what they do but ( that was on 30.12.2010)

they fix my first problem ( I was geting that error every time i turn on my pc or restart pc )

in first tread i put a screen about that problem

SO NOW THAT IS FIXED , just program dont want to update

that day they update the database with no problem ( i think you see that in log that i send you )

But when my father came with PC and i try to update i couldnt update again

( showing error-2000. all the time if im on internet ) and if im not then error-1002

SO NOW I THINK ITS SOMETHING WITH MY INTERNET CONECTION ( I have dial up DSL conection with cabel )

i try to check all with conection and firewall setings but nothing

really pain in the ###### :))))

• Hello Andrea,

I have reopen the ticket you had open with my colleague Cristina (ID: 201101071034271). Please check your email for further instructions on how to investigate the update issue you encounter.

Regards,