Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Crashes

Options

I've been noticing from time to time that my system would crash, and then upon reboot couldn't detect my hard drive. To fix it, I figured out that I needed to disconnect and reconnect the cable from the HD to the mobo. The, magically, everything would work again until the next crash. I then started getting constant crashes, even in safe mode I'd crash. So, running off the Vista CD and trying to repair, it was telling me it couldn't repair the problem, and in looking at the report it looks like it failed a registry scan. So, I installed Vista again, it gave me Windows.old so I could figure out what I had before, and I decided to just reformat and start anew.

That's when I figured out that BitDefender may be the culprit. I reformatted from using the Vista CD... which isn't a great reformat but I figured it'd be enough. And going through the process I was loading drivers and all that, restarting many times after things were installed, no problems. Even installing ATI drivers had no problems, which is unusual lately. I then decided to reinstall BitDefender as my first piece of software since I was going to be online for updates... and that's when the S.it hit the fan. Now, once again, I'm in a constant crash cycle.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but everything was going smoothly until I installed the 2010 total security. So, take that for whatever it's worth.

The only thing I know of to do differently is to format the hard drive via DOS to make sure things really get done. The Vista CD reformat didn't seem to do anything... I think I read something about it before. Anyway, I'm hoping maybe there's some advice about what I might try to make BD happy and not crash my system. Perhaps it's a hard disk error and it was just by coincidence that it reappeared after installing BD? Not sure, but I like BD and am hoping to figure this out. The "not being to find a HD" issue may not have been BD's fault, but the crashing appears to be at this point.

Have a great day

Comments