Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.zapchas.f

Options

A couple days ago I opened an email containing 2 viruses that have infected 4 files I think. When it happened Bitdefender blocked it and notified me, but it cant get rid of the viruses. I have Windows 2000 Professional operating system and was using the Mozilla Firefox browser. I removed Mozilla and still cant get rid of it.

The 4 files and their results are:

1.) c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\sxjt5ek8.default\cache.trash\trash\cache\f03c0286d01=(RAR Sfx o)=>control.ini infected with Trojan.Zapchas.F - Deleted, Archive repacking has failed (marked actions not taken)

2.) c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\3duu43d3.exe=>(RAR Sfx o)=>control.ini Infected: Trojan.Zapchas.F -Deleted, Archive repacking has failed (marked actions not taken)

3.)c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\sxjt5ek8.default\cache.trash\trash\cache\f03c0286d01=(RAR Sfx o)=>sup.reg

infected with Trojan.lrcflood.769084.REG - Disinfection failed. Move failed.

4.)c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\3duu43d3.exe=>(RAR Sfx o)=>sup.reg Infected: Trojan.Ircflood.769084.REG - disinfection failed. move failed.

When I try to delete the Mozilla folder, Windows tells me that it "Cannot delete F03C0286d01: Cannot read from the source file or disk." Same thing with the virus in the Temp folder.

Is there any way to remove them? Bit Defender seems unable to.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello joeaiello

Reboot your pc and press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen select safe mode and press enter. Now log in and perform a scan with BitDefender in safe mode. Take a look at this topic. If it fails go to start,my computer,double click on the icon of your hard disc go to the tools menu,folder options,view/display,check show hidden files and folders press on apply and ok now go to documents and settings,administrator now you will see the folder called local settings finally empty the temp folder.

Best regards

Niels