Help Regarding Update

hey guys.. my problem is that my bit defender total security 2011 gives error when i try to update it.. i am getting error -1002 or some times error 1003... mostly error 1002... plz help me guys.. i am not able to update it... i am connecting through mobile Internet.. some times with proxifier or sometimes with your-freedom... sorry if i have posted in wrong section...

Comments

• hey guys plz help me... plz reply something...

• Unknown
    edited December 2010

Hello,

What is the exact error message you receive when trying to update BitDefender ? Have you upgraded from an older version to the latest 2011 version of BitDefender ? If yes, how ? Please reproduce the steps you took.

The -1001/-1002 update error is received when there are issues with the Internet connection and the connection with our servers has timed out. Try the following and the issue should be resolved:

- Go to: Start->Run->type: ncpa.cpl ->OK

- Right click on your Local Area Connection and go to Properties.

- Next double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.

After updating your BitDefender please run a deep system scan to make sure the system is clean.

Please confirm that the issue is now resolved and you were able to update BitDefender or, if the issue persist, provide me with the exact update error and we will further investigate.

Kind regards,

• DanyDan,

I just wanted to point out that I had the same error... so I made a search on the forum and found this post. Doing the step you mentioned fixed my issue, but the reason my DNS we're change was because I wanted to use Open DNS services. Is it a known issue that Bitdefender cannot use Open DNS services?

Thanks,

Eric

• Hi Eric,

I am using Google DNS and I have no issues with it. Try the following DNS servers and see if you can update BitDefender:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 4.4.4.4

These are the Google DNS servers. Make the test and let me know if you were able to update or not.

Regards,