Parental Control, Heuristic Filter, Xbox, Media Center Extender - Blocking Web Access
Whenever I try to log onto a website I receive the following page error (note parental control is turned off)
This webpage has been blocked by BitDefender Parental Control!
This web page has been blocked by the User Control Heuristic Web filter.
Changing the Parental Control Settings for the current user will enable you to access this page. If you are an administrator on this system, you can change the Parental Control settings from the BitDefender Parental Control module.
PC: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
SW: BD Total Security 2011
Just connected my PC to my xbox 360 by "trusting the network" = FIREWALL , NETWORK TAB, NETWORK TYPE (changed to Trusted, Allow all)
The problem did not exist prior to setting up the xbox link
None known yet, but hacked and problematic work around is to Turn off xbox, turn off pc. Turn on PC, keep xbox off.
Please make the following test and let me know if the issue persist:
- open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button;
- go to Parental Control module and enable it for the Windows username you are logged on;
- click on the Settings button associated to that Windows username;
- set the Web Control to OFF and click on Close;
- in the Parental Control -> Accounts tab disable the Parental Control for the username you modified;
- close BitDefender window and test to see if the issue persist.
Also create a screenshot of the Parental Control module and attach it to this topic or upload it on a free web upload server such as http://www.sendspace.com or http://imageshack.us
Looking forward to your answer!0
I think that the problem is the user that is created during the extender creation in mediacenter (mxc1-computername)
after running mediacenter or connected with the Xbox, Bitdefender or IE is running with the user mxc1-computername
Can you investigate in this way?0
Please do not post in more than a single topic. You can find my answer at the topic below:
Jeffrayner: do you still encounter any issues with BitDefender ? I am still waiting for the results of the steps I advised you to follow on my previous post.0
my bitdefender bloc web... bellow....http://rs.oriflame.com/shopping/quickentry.jhtml
In order to help you with this issue, we kindly ask you to send us a screenshot of the error message that you receive as follows:
1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard)
2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint))
3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;
4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)
5. Attach the screenshot in your next reply.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice day.0