Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Scan Module Unavailable

Options

I am having the same problems as in this thread.

I installed BitDefender 2011 last week and it was running fine. Yesterday my Virus Scan Module was unavailable. I read the thread above, uninstalled BitDefender 2011 and reinstalled it. Everything was back to normal. However, today I start up my computer and once again the Virus Scan Module is unavailable. So now I have no active antivirus program running on my computer.

And yes, I used the uninstall tool and removed the all previous versions of BitDefender. I also do not have any other antivirus programs running on my computer. I am running a Windows 7 64 bit system as was the other user in the linked thread above.

Comments

• NevG
    Options

Update: I went into BitDefender and clicked Update. Even though BitDefender stated it was up to date as of today I clicked the Update Now button. Bitdefender installed around 10,000 kbs of updates. I rebooted my computer and now everything is working again. And yes, I have the Automatic Update is Enabled box checked.

I am not certain if this will be an ongoing problem or not as it appears BitDefender is not updating itself when it states that it is.

• Update: I went into BitDefender and clicked Update. Even though BitDefender stated it was up to date as of today I clicked the Update Now button. Bitdefender installed around 10,000 kbs of updates. I rebooted my computer and now everything is working again. And yes, I have the Automatic Update is Enabled box checked.

I am not certain if this will be an ongoing problem or not as it appears BitDefender is not updating itself when it states that it is.

I have been having the same problem and it only affects my WIN7 32bit netbook. Anyway, I just tried the solution from an earlier post see thread and reboot the system and back comes the virus signatures and engine version.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t18495.html

But I did not delete the repository files. See if the action will resolve your situation.

• NevG
    Options
    I have been having the same problem and it only affects my WIN7 32bit netbook. Anyway, I just tried the solution from an earlier post see thread and reboot the system and back comes the virus signatures and engine version.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/i...php/t18495.html

But I did not delete the repository files. See if the action will resolve your situation.

No, that did not work for me. Once I rebooted my antivirus was unavailable again and windows could find no antivirus program on my computer. I had to update again and reboot to correct the problem and have it running again.

• you know what mine gone bad after two days but try this link below. It seems that by turning off the UAC (User account control) and reboooting, the virus scan modules and scan histories came back. There are a few other actions that can be done.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/810/

• I have been the same issue in which the Virus Scan Module is totally unavailable. I tried several options with my option but I have no luck. I will try the remedies you provided here.

• Was on vacation and unable to reply. Tried those steps and went to the link mentioned and still having the same ongoing problem.

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello,

NevG do you still encounter issues with BitDefender ? Can you provide me with details about the current status of the issue you reported ?

Regards,

• Hello,

NevG do you still encounter issues with BitDefender ? Can you provide me with details about the current status of the issue you reported ?

Regards,

Yes, I am still having the same problem. It just happened today when I started my computer. The real time module was not available. I clicked the fix problem button but it did not resolve the issue. Only until I updated bitdefender and rebooted my computer did it clear the problem.

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes, I am still having the same problem. It just happened today when I started my computer. The real time module was not available. I clicked the fix problem button but it did not resolve the issue. Only until I updated bitdefender and rebooted my computer did it clear the problem.

So the issue is now resolved after updating BitDefender to the latest build ?

• So the issue is now resolved after updating BitDefender to the latest build ?

It was working fine until this evening. Started up the computer and the Virus Scan Module was unavailable again. Had to manually update Bitdefender and reboot the computer which corrected the problem. Definitely a quirk somewhere which is causing this problem.

• Hello NevG,

If the issue still occur please try to identify the following details:

- when exactly the virus scan module is unavailable (i.e. when you start your PC from hibernation, sleep, start-up the PC after shutdown, when you start a certain program etc)

- how are you able to resolve it (i.e. update BitDefender, restart PC)

- when you say 'Virus Scan module was unavailable' do you mean there were no tasks listed in the module OR you get the Services not responding error and the gray icon in the System tray ?

Looking forward to your answer!

• NevG
    Options
    Hello NevG,

If the issue still occur please try to identify the following details:

- when exactly the virus scan module is unavailable (i.e. when you start your PC from hibernation, sleep, start-up the PC after shutdown, when you start a certain program etc)

- how are you able to resolve it (i.e. update BitDefender, restart PC)

- when you say 'Virus Scan module was unavailable' do you mean there were no tasks listed in the module OR you get the Services not responding error and the gray icon in the System tray ?

It happened again yesterday 3/1/11.

- It happens when I start my computer first thing in the morning, which would be start-up after the PC after shutdown

- I am able to resolve it by updating Bitdefender manually by clicking on Update and then Update Now under Expert View and then rebooting my computer

- When the Virus Scan module is unavailable the taskbar icon has an exclamation point, when you click on AntiVirus under Expert View it states Virus Scan module is unavailable plus the levels are gray and cannot be changed.

• Hi NevG,

If it's OK with you, I would like to look deeper into this issue by performing a remote session on your PC. I have sent you the details via email, to the registered email address. Your ticket ID is: 201103031010308.