Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ie 6 Resets To About:blank

Options

Hello, I have just installed BD total security and Ive been noticing that it resets my IE homepage to About:blank and than resets they way windows security center alerts me. i have it set to no notifications on anything but it keeps resetting. I know its not malware since i just reformatted mt system and it just started after I installed BD.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• so after a few days, and some research ive seen a few posts about the same issues. there should be a place to change that setting somewhere in BD. let me know if anybody has found a solution to this.

Thanks

• csalgau
    Options

BitDefender currently resets some system settings to safe defaults as part of our cleaning procedures. I believe this is what is happening in your case and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We're evaluating other, more customization-conserving ways, but this will not be changed in the short term.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

@....than resets they way windows security center alerts me. i have it set to no notifications on anything but it keeps resetting

Expereincing the same issue since BD2011 installation but couldn't find the cause. Now from respected Catalin post it becomes clear.

• csalgau
    Options

I've reread your post and I have to point out that this should only happen if you have an infection and BitDefender runs a cleanup procedure, not on a constant basis. How often does it happen to you? Are you doing anything in particular between these resets? Do settings just not stick? Please try to disable real-time scanning and Active Virus Control and see if this still happens. I'll run some tests on this afterwards and see what I can dig up.

@ONT - if you routinely run BitDefender over a set of samples for 'statistics', that could be what you are experiencing