Help!

Hi!

I'm having a rather irritating problem, which despite several reformats and reinstalling of Bd has not solved. And would really like to fix without formatting, reinstalling etc again - after all it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

I've got an Asus N81Vg running windows 7. It was recently sent in for a problem involving my graphics card, which they solved by reformatting back to Windows Vista. I then loaded Windows 7. This went all good and well.

Then i get around to installing Bd Internet Security 2011. Don't encounter any problems getting this done either. It is after Bd is installed that I can no longer save anything. I am unable to download/save any files from the internet eg the installer for winamp, winrar or any compressed files (these are the only downloads I've attempted so far). Upon encountering this probwindows lem, I then attempted to save a notepad file. This too failed. The save as dialogue box appears as per normal, I get to type in my desired file name etc. However when I hit save, an error message with "file name is invalid" (or something along those lines) appears. I've tries saving to both desktop and to my documents folder. Either way it doesn't work.

As mentioned at the start, I've reformatted and reinstalled several times. And this problem only occurs after i install bitdefender. ie. if i attempt to dl and save files/ programs before installing the process goes off without a hitch. (Obviously, otherwise there'd be no way for me to download the bd installer to install the program in the first place...)

Before reformatting I was running Bd Internet Security 2010 on Win7 for approximately a year without encountering any such problems. Hence, I really think/believe that Internet Security 2011 is the culprit. :( I'm seriously thinking of reverting back to 2010, however as a last resort if nothing else works - as I have no idea if the problem will still occur even if I do so.

Would sincerely appreciate any advice/ solutions to this problem, I'm almost at my wits end. Thank you in advance.

P.S: There is no way for me to post screenshots as i would be unable to save the pic file after taking the shot. :/

Comments

• Seriously, is there NO way to fix this? :( If it's not fixable, could someone tell me how to completely uninstall internet security 2011 so that i may install 2010?

Thanks!

• I don't think I have read another user post a problem like this. Have you tried temporarily switching off the BD modules (Options-->Preferences) one at a time to see if one of them allows you to save? What filename are you using when trying save the Notepad file? Is your Win7 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you sure you installed the corresponding version of BD?

It would help also if you would post the exact error message you receive.

Finally, if the above dowsn't help, please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Hi Nikki605,

thank you for the advice have sent a PM to DanyDan, and hopefully he'll come back with some aid!

• Unknown
    edited February 2011

Hello,

I have received your PM and the logs. Please check your email associated with your Forum account for further instructions on how to troubleshoot the issue you encounter. Ticket ID: 201102091108335.

Regards,

• Hi,

I've finally gotten around to replying, sorry bout the delay.

Hope a solution can be found soon!

Cheers

• Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Thank you.