Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 - Accessing Every Url?

Options

Is anyone experiencing the fact that BitDefender 2011 appears to be submitting every URL that they go to to some IP address? Unless I have a virus, it looks like BitDefender is sending every URL (the page I go to, along with every image and flash item on the page, so multiple sends per page) to an IP address. It goes away when I uninstall BitDefender. I have a ticket open with them and am waiting to hear back from them, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. It slows down surfing and does it even when I am accessing local sites on my own PC - which I don't think is necessary. I can't find any way to opt out of this feature - assuming that it is a feature.

The only way you will notice this behavior is if you are going through a router and can view it's logs, or the fact that surfing is slower.

Comments

• nikki605
    edited February 2011
    Options

It might be helpful for you to read the discussion in this topic, particularly starting with the BD tech suppot information in post # 9 (copied email message dated Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:50 PM). As a test, you may want to try temporarily disabling Search Advisor and Antiphishing to see if that is where the traffic is coming from.

Regards,

• Thanks Gary. Yes that post was useful as I think it is the same thing I am experiencing. I found the server name that it is uploading to and it is called nimbus.bitdefender.net, west01.us.nimbus.bitdefender.net which ties into the server he was talking about. Unfortunately they did not give him a final answer on how to resolve it. Like him, I have disabled all of those features (and more). I only have the firewall, antivirus (minimal settings to enable it to do scans periodically) and automatic updates enabled. (I've uploaded a couple of screen shots of my settings.)

post-46410-1297341083_thumb.png

• I got a response from BitDefender: the IP address belongs to one of our servers from America and you do not have to be worried about it.

Doesn't exactly explain to me how I can disable this option though.

• Hello,

Try to disable "Scan HTTP (web) traffic" along with AVC option (Antivirus -> Advanced Settings button) and let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,