Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Omg! Loosing Connection To Server!

Options
capi
edited February 2011 in Firewall

Well i just got rid of Norton360 and did a full system reboot, i went back to factory setting, deleting Norton and installing BD total security 2011.

So far so good, computer runs fine, uses a lot less memory.

But i can not game at all, and the only reason why i got this laptop and that software is to be able to game.

I only have 6 softwares installed on this laptop: Skype, Diablo2, Teamspeak3, Steam, COD:BO, BF:BC2 . Other than that i am running everything that came out from Factory without all the slowing down options.

I am using Vista 32b.

A couple of days ago, i would get disconnected from Teamspeak every 35mn.

COD/BF it is very random, i can play for hours, or no more than 10mns, worst part is, when i get disconnected i can not see the server any more.

And they are my servers, i paid for them and i am running, you can see why i am even more upset.

I have tried disabling the firewall, or the antivirus in expert mode, but nothing.

I have sent 2 Help reports, and 2 emails, so far dead quiet, i tried calling and no1 would answer the tech support line.

Either there is a fix, or i want my money back and un-install.

thx

A

Comments

• whatsup917
    edited February 2011
    Options

capi, I am in NO WAY an expert of BitDefender. I am a customer like yourself.

Could it be because of the frequency of your updates? Have you tried disabling automatic updates? You may want to try disabling all features temporarily and slowly add them back one at a time until you find the culprit (if you are lucky). If you go to Options (top right of main BitDefender screen) and select preferences you can disable each feature as far as I can tell.

post-46410-1297343431_thumb.png

• Hello Alex,

You mention you can't play. Why exactly ? Please define COD/BF. Call of Duty ?

You also specified: "COD/BF it is very random, i can play for hours, or no more than 10mns, worst part is, when i get disconnected i can not see the server any more. " - how you got to the conclusion that BitDefender is the culprit ? Try to disable each module at a time and see if the issue is resolved. Frankly I haven't understood the issue you reported, except the fact that you can't play.

Please provide me with more details about it. Also, as a personal recommendation if I may, get rid of the Vista and install Windows 7 or stick with XP.

Also open BitDefender -> Firewall -> Network and tell me the settings there.

Regards,

• Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Battle Field: Bad Company 2

TeamSpeak

I have an other computer on which i can play and never get disconnected from the server.

I turned everything off in expert mode, and it still does it.

I get on the game online server, and then get disconnected.

Since i only have those programs installed, and it can not be a triple coincidence, it had to be BD.

• i have also added them on the white list.

I dont know what to do, if you have a software i can use to capture my screen u ll see. it can take an hour or like it just did, 4 times in 25mn.

• ...if you have a software i can use to capture my screen u ll see.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

Regards,

• a picture of my video game server saying i am disconnected isn't going to do you much good.

I was talking about a video.

• nothing?

wow ok, i will give an other 7 days to get a proper email with help from BD, after that, i ll remove it, and post a complain for a refund.

• Hello Alex,

You mention you can't play. Why exactly ? Please define COD/BF. Call of Duty ?

You also specified: "COD/BF it is very random, i can play for hours, or no more than 10mns, worst part is, when i get disconnected i can not see the server any more. " - how you got to the conclusion that BitDefender is the culprit ? Try to disable each module at a time and see if the issue is resolved. Frankly I haven't understood the issue you reported, except the fact that you can't play.

Please provide me with more details about it. Also, as a personal recommendation if I may, get rid of the Vista and install Windows 7 or stick with XP.

Also open BitDefender -> Firewall -> Network and tell me the settings there.

Regards,

my fire wall is on allow all (game mode)

i also disabled it

and right now, i ahve been connected for about 1hour and i have 149 packets dropped.

I know my internet connection is fine, since i have an other computer runing on it Downloading most of the time with no issue.

• Hello Capi,

I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201102171006003. Please check your Hotmail email, reinstall the Firewall using the patch enclosed in my email and let me know if the issue still persist.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,