Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ts 2011 64 Bit + Right Clicking ''my Computer'' Slow Loading.

Options

So I bought a Total Security key because my BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2011 one was about to expire. I had no issues with that version of BD 2011 but since I upgraded to Total Security 2011 I encountered massive delay when right clicking My Computer of about 5-8 seconds, when it should be instant. I have to point out it happens only when right clicking My Computer and I presume it has something to do with the File shredder option that I did not have in my previous BD 2011 version. I have a very fast Pc, way above recomended requirements, and if it's needed I will provide info on that one but I guarantee it has nothing to do with it.

Please help me out, this is drving me nuts.

PS - I'm running a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello Solfaur,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Also please specify in what language you have BitDefender installed: English or Romanian.

Looking forward to your answer!

• blade86sam
    edited April 2011
    Options

PROBLEM FIXED!!!

Ok i had the same problem as above and fixed it :D!! (doesn't matter what OS you are using)

How i found the fix?

I noticed (using one of my older computers) that WHEN you right click my computer, it seems like it "SCANS" all the hard drives ODD and FDD drives you see in my computer. When i right clicked My Computer icon on desktop on my old pc which has an actually physical working Floppy drive (the light went on as if it was reading from floppy drive).

For those using the internet security/antivirus before and now using total security, you did not have File Shredder so basically never did that "SCAN" going on.

How i Fixed it?

I saw i had a "Floppy Drive" icon drive in my computer.. basically Drive A:\ , but i actually don't have a Floppy Drive installed on my computer... So i went to my computer's BIOS and disabled Floppy Drive from there. I then Rebooted my computer, logged into windows, checked to see if floppy drive A:\ was still in "My Computer", it was gone as i wanted :).. i then did the test!

RIGHT CLICK "MY COMPUTER" ICON on DESKTOP....... VOILA! INSTANTLY APPEARED!!!! YAY!!!! FIXED!!

Conclusion...

If there are any Drives Appearing in My Computer, such as Floppy Drive A:\ and you DON'T have one Physically installed on your computer... DISABLE it in your BIOS and you should be fine! :D

Take Care!,

Sam

• Great find! Thanks.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Have a nice day.