Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 Error

Options

I don't know how but somehow after an hour of work of my PC i get the following error:

bitdefendererror.jpg

After cheking out the bitdefender software it shows me the following:

bitdefendererror1.jpg

So according to second picture there is no issue to be fixed.

Is there any one who can tell me why is this happening or can this problem be fixed.

Cheers to all in advance for your reply.

Comments

• I'm guessing from the look of the screen shots that your OS is WinXP, 32-bit, is that correct? If so, do you have SP3 installed along with all Microsoft critical updates? If I guessed wrong, what is your OS?

Is this a "new" installation of BDIS 2011? How long has it been installed? If it's been installed for a while, has this error just started occurring?

Have you installed ANY other security program(s) since installing BDIS?

Awaiting your reply,

• dr_iton
    edited February 2011
    Options

@ nikki605

Here are some responses to you according to your post requests.

Your guess is right! OS is Windows XP SP3. Default is installed from CD as Windows XP SP2 and I got the update from Microsoft site for SP3.

I'm using BDIS since 2007. This installation I made after i started the following topic

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21181

About you last question you made the answer is NO.

I know that if I install another security program it will fall in conflict with BDIS.

Waiting for your next reply.

Cheers.

• Thanks for the additional information. :) Without waiting for the error to reproduce itself, please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further. After reviewing the log files, DanyDan of BD tech support may need to have you rerun the SupportTool when the error is present, but he will give you further instructions, if needed.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Before I act as your suggestion I will show you what is showing further if I click on click here from error message:

bitdefendererror2.jpg

After I click on firs link i shows me the following picture

bitdefendererror3.jpg

And after the second link it sends me to the following link:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/dcp20.asp

Cheers.

• Thanks for that additional info. :)

Go ahead and run the SupportTool and send the PM to DanyDan of BD tech support. Be sure to include a link to this topic so he can relate the log files with the information you've provided in this topic.

Regards,

• Hello,

The analysis of the logs you sent me finished with the following results:

- TuneUpUtilities installed and running on your PC. The software has a real time protection module that will interfere with the BitDefender Real Time Protection module resulting in possible crashes and/or error messages.

TuneUpUtilities process:

Item    Module    Full Path    Base size    Cnt usage    Module handle    Base addr    Process ID
    1     TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe     C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe     1089536    0     4194304    0x004A68A9     1712

TuneUpUtilities installed driver for the real time protection:

123    TuneUpUtilitiesDriver32.sys    F7A63000    \??\C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesDriver32.sys

Uninstall TuneUpUtilities then restart the PC. Repair BitDefender as explained below then make sure you have the latest product updates installed. You can do that by right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select 'Update Now'.

I will also need the following logs from you:

1. Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump, put all files from there in an archive, upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (such as www.sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM.

2. Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it.

Looking forward to your answer!

• @ DanyDan

I followed you instructions and I did sent you a PM.

Best Regards.

• I couldn't make a post edit so I have had to double post to explain one another step token by me.

I have gone to the Control Panel and did chose Add or Remove Programs, found the Bitdefender Internet security and clicked on remove buton, in the next dialog box I chosed Repair. Restarted the PC and still the same problem.

In the system tray BDIS icon it shows me a triangle with a risk sign and when I check further it shows me that there is one issue to be fixed, which is automatic update.

So I came to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the BDIS update.

Still waiting for your next reply.

Best regards.

• Hi,

Are you using a Port USB 2.0 PCI Adapter ? The model USB650A from Micro ? I have analyzed the dump files you sent and the cause of all crashes is a driver called USB650A.sys

• dr_iton
    edited February 2011
    Options

@ DanyDan

It looks like problem is solved. I’ve never thought that Port USB 2.0 PCI Adapter, model USB650A from Micro will cause such of problem.

After I uninstalled it, I manually made an update of the software and restarted the PC. In the next day the problem is missing.

It was worthy to open a new topic here. Thank you all for your support given to me.

Best regards.

• I thought that the following problem it has to do with the former problem I had in this topic, and that is the reason that I didn't create a new topic.

The problem is as following:

Take a look in the following images:

updatefix1.jpg

updatefix2.jpg

Also it shows me that there is one item to be fixed and it shows me that the update must be done.

updatefix3.jpg

My question is: why is this hapening?

Is there a way that I can fix this.

I tryed to repair the bitdefender and has no success.

I checked my PC date and time and they are OK.

Any suggestion please.

Best regards.

• Hello,

In order to further investigate this issue I have created a ticket on your behalf with ID: 201103031009575. Please check your email and send me the requested information for further investigation.

Thank you!

Regards,

• @DanyDan

Last night I did sent you the requested information.

Now, just waiting for your next reply.

Regards.

• Hello,

I have sent you the analysis results via email in response to the ticket ID: 201103031009575. Two of the BitDefender drivers are not correctly installed. Also I have noticed few suspicious processes running on your PC. Last but not least, have you upgraded from an older version of BitDefender ?

Regards,

• At 7-th of March 2011 I did sent you a reply via my e-mail address with the details.

Today is 15-th of March and still didn't got any answer from your side.

I have licence for my BDIS more 88 days left.

What do you suggest me?

If I can't fix this problem, I'm not planing to buy another licence key.

Best regards.

• After waiting from your side to make e remote connection to my PC, I changed the remote connection to manual.

After a week of work of my PC, somehow the problem was solved by it self, so I made all of updates and BDIS works perfectly now.

You can close this topic.

Thank you for your support.

Regards.

• We're glad your issue is resloved. :)

I'll go ahead and close this topic.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.