Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Realtime Protection Disabled!

Options

I dunno where to begin.. I have Win 7 (64bit) and Bitdefender AntiVirus Pro 2011 but real time protection is disabled and the virus scan mode is unavailable..Please assist.

Comments

• Topic moved to the 2011 product forum.

• Topic moved to the 2011 product forum.

My apologies, If it's malware related will I still get help in this section?

• My apologies, If it's malware related will I still get help in this section?

Still in need of assistance... All the windows alerts are going off saying that my antivirus is not updated and when I try to enable antivirus it just disables immediately...if someone could please assist me

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Do you have any other security solution installed on your PC ? Have you make an upgrade from a previous version of BitDefender (2008,2009,2010) to BitDefender 2011 ?

If it's a malware issue, it needs to be taken care of as a priority over any technical issue you may face. If you can't run the Support tool logs please let me know and we will first check the PC for any threats and remove them.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Do you have any other security solution installed on your PC ? Have you make an upgrade from a previous version of BitDefender (2008,2009,2010) to BitDefender 2011 ?

If it's a malware issue, it needs to be taken care of as a priority over any technical issue you may face. If you can't run the Support tool logs please let me know and we will first check the PC for any threats and remove them.

Sent, I dunno if it's malware but hopefully the log will show..it has run a regular scan and come back clean but it will not run a scan in safe mode...

• Hello,

I have checked the logs and noticed that you don't have any Redistributable for x64 installed and also noticed from your ticket history that you had the side-by-side configuration issue.

I also believe that the issue you encounter is due to a incomplete installation / upgrade and that can be resolved with a BitDefender reinstall. Please check your email for further instructions on how to further troubleshoot this issue together.

Ticket ID: 201103061003547

• Hello,

I have checked the logs and noticed that you don't have any Redistributable for x64 installed and also noticed from your ticket history that you had the side-by-side configuration issue.

I also believe that the issue you encounter is due to a incomplete installation / upgrade and that can be resolved with a BitDefender reinstall. Please check your email for further instructions on how to further troubleshoot this issue together.

Ticket ID: 201103061003547

I've replied to the email.

Last night I tried uninstall and reinstall, it kept erroring out, which makes me believe it might be malware related. (I DL'd it from the link that was sent in my email when I had the side by side issue) it said bitdefender was corrupt... I was able to save target as and then run it that way but I'm still having the same issue..so I'll just shut it down til my scheduled time of tom.

• Well I replied to the email and disreguarded the errands I had to run and no call.. please advise what I do now?

• *bump* problem has still not been addressed

• Hello,

Please send me a PM when you come online and see this message. I will be online in the next 8 hours waiting for your message.

• Howdy...

I have used BitDefender 2009 for nearly two years now and decided to try Total Security 2011 before making a choice on what to use to replace my 2009 version. I have used the 2011 version for about 10 days without any problems until this morning. I am using Windows XP SP3 (32 bit).

I noticed a BitDefender warning tag today and found the problem was "real-time protection is disabled." I attempted a restart as directed but received a "failed" message. I then checked the Virus Scan tab in the Antivirus section and found no action available (the module was not available, I think was the message). I went to the services window and checked the Virus Scan service. It was noted as "Started." I attempted to stop and restart it but received an "access denied" pop-up message. When I returned to the Virus Scan tab, the scan section was still unavailable.

I then used the windows restore function to go back a few days to when everything was working OK. After that process and the restart, I now have access to the Virus Scan function (Deep Scan, Full Scan, etc) but still have the warning message regarding "real-time protection is disabled."

I had a terrible time installing this program. I was not able to use the free upgrade function because I was wanted to try Total Security and the upgrade only allowed 2009 > 2011, product for product, so I had to totally unstall BitDefender 2009 before I could install Total Security 2011. That was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! Then everything worked for 10 days. Now I have this problem. I got rid of Norton several years ago after using them nearly 10 years because they had all of these terrible uninstall/reinstall problems and because of random program problems that required me to waste my time trying to keep their programs going.

I hope I am not going to have that kind of problem with BitDefender. I had a couple of problems early with BitDefender 2009, but your tech support responded with excellent help, and things were solved quickly. Looking at these forums, it does not look like you are solving this problem very quickly. My trial expires soon. I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Tom

• Hello Tom,

Considering the fact that you have restored your PC to an earlier time, I find it normal for any security solution to not work correctly as some of its drivers can't be restored cause of the protection set on those files (protection against any possible malware threats that may try to disable the real time protection ).

Therefore I would recommend you to repair BitDefender and the issue you encounter should be resolved. If the issue still persist after restart, please let me know and we will further investigate.

[how to repair BitDefender 2011]

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Kind regards,

• Hello Tom,

Considering the fact that you have restored your PC to an earlier time, I find it normal for any security solution to not work correctly as some of its drivers can't be restored cause of the protection set on those files (protection against any possible malware threats that may try to disable the real time protection ).

Therefore I would recommend you to repair BitDefender and the issue you encounter should be resolved. If the issue still persist after restart, please let me know and we will further investigate.

[how to repair BitDefender 2011]

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Kind regards,

Hi Dan...

Followed your directions to repair BD2011. To make a long story short, I reached a point in the uninstallation where I was told that "the installer did not have sufficient permission (don't recall the exact words) to delete a registry key." I am the only account on the computer and am the administrator, so I do not know where that came from. Anyway, I tried "Retry" - no good. "Ignore" - and the uninstaller said it couldn't proceed and backed out.

I restarted but then didn't even have any BitDefender available because the uninstaller apparently did not back out and restore completely. So I ran the BD Uninstaller Tool, got rid of all of the crap, restarted, and began a new installation, at which point the installer had to download the whole thing again. I reached a point where I was told by the installer again that I did not have sufficient permission to perform the task. I attempted to "retry" several times and finally chose "ignore." My "ignore" response caused the installation to terminate.

Again, I ran the BD Uninstaller tool, restarted, and started the whole process again. This time, after another full download and another "quick scan" (my third of the evening), I was able to install BD Total Security 2011. All functions appear to work properly.

However, I will say that is some very buggy software!!!!! Another 2 hours of my life I'll never have back.

I have only 16 days left on my 30 day trial, and this stuff had better run well during that time. As I said earlier, I have used BD for two years without many problems. I have had more problems in two weeks with this trial version than I had in the nearly two years previous, though the 2009 version was a buggy to install, too.

Thanks,

Tom

• Hi Tom,

I am glad to see the issue is now resolved. Please bear in mind that it's best to use a registry cleaner whenever you uninstall ANY security solution, just to stay on the safe side and have all traces removed. You can do that easily using a free software such as CCleaner or Argente. Run the uninstall tool of BitDefender then wait to be asked to restart the PC. Clean the registry and temporary files then restart the PC again follow by the BitDefender installation.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.