Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ieshow.exe - Please Help!

Options

Hello everyone,

I'm using BitDefender Antivirus 2008, on my PC, XP Pro SP2.

I have this file IEShow.exe in my Startup Program and After a short chat with Bitdefender Tech guy, I found that it doesn't belong to Bitdefender. The location of the file is: C: \Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008

I dindn't find a clear information and how to get rid of it on the Internet.

Could you help please?

Thans,

Octavian

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Octavian

That is a BitDefender part. You will see it when you right click on it and click on properties,version. So the person was wrong. You don't have to worry about it. Everyone who uses BitDefender 2008 products have ieshow as a start up program and in the BitDefender folder.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Octavian

That is a BitDefender part. You will see it when you right click on it and click on properties,version. So the person was wrong. You don't have to worry about it. Everyone who uses BitDefender 2008 products have ieshow as a start up program and in the BitDefender folder.

Best regards

Niels

OK Niels, thanks a lot, I feel much better now.

Octavian

• Niels
    Options

Hello Octavian

But to be correct if it was IEshow.dll in a different folder then it was an infection. Glad that I could help you.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Octavian

But to be correct if it was IEshow.dll in a different folder then it was an infection. Glad that I could help you.

Best regards

Niels

Hi Niels,

I did search on My Computer and the file it's just here: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEShow and it's not a dll file.

I'm not 100% paranoid, but I did run Scan with my BD Antivirus 2008 and NOD32 Online Free scan and also Kaspersky Online Scan before you answer my question posted here and the sistem it's clean, nothing was found.

Thanks a lot,

Octavian

• Niels
    Options

Hello Octavian

Sorry that I wasn't clear it's only an infection if it is located in another folder then the BitDefender installation folder. I know that I forgot to mention it. Good that you have verified it. I just wanted to post it here also.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Octavian

Sorry that I wasn't clear it's only an infection if it is located in another folder then the BitDefender installation folder. I know that I forgot to mention it. Good that you have verified it. I just wanted to post it here also.

Best regards

Niels

OK Niels, you are my friend. When you come to visit Canada, we could go for a beer or better test my own wine. I make avery year 150 litres.

Thanks,

Octavian

e-mail: osioldea@sympatico.ca

• That is a BitDefender part. [...] Everyone who uses BitDefender 2008 products have ieshow as a start up program and in the BitDefender folder.

Ok and what is it used for ? Is it really mandatory ? For example, I never use Internet Explorer and "ieshow" could refer to this program...

My problem is I don't want to have bdagent or anything useless loaded. Since unchecking the "load bitdefender with windows" (free translation from french) does not work (and never has, at least since BD8), I have to remove these entries manually with msconfig after most updates.

Thanks for your help,

Jc

• alexcrist
    Options
    Ok and what is it used for ? Is it really mandatory ? For example, I never use Internet Explorer and "ieshow" could refer to this program...

My problem is I don't want to have bdagent or anything useless loaded. Since unchecking the "load bitdefender with windows" (free translation from french) does not work (and never has, at least since BD8), I have to remove these entries manually with msconfig after most updates.

Hello Jissouille,

IEshow.exe is actually the Anti-Phishing toolbar from Internet Explorer. If you don't need it, you can remove it from the startup list.

On the other hand, bdagent is NOT useless. If you disable it, you will not be able to see Virus alerts and Firewall questions. I suggest you to keep this process enabled.

Cris.