Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Access Denied To Lan System With Mac Address 000000000000

Options

Since installing Bitdefender IS 2011 on my Windows XP (SP3) desktop I've been getting these messages in my router log:

Access denied to LAN system with MAC address 000000000000

I do have MAC filtering on in my router (DIR-625), but have never seen this message before I installed Bitdefender. I've also recently completely reinstalled that desktop including the OS. Just something I do every couple of years. It's still giving these errors after a complete brand new install.

I'm not saying I'm sure Bitdefender is causing the messages, but they do not start until Bitdefender is installed.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

The messages appear every 10 minutes.

The PC has no connection issues to the internet.

I know it's no concern as it's just an informational message, just wondered what the reasoning was if anyone knew.

Comments

• Hi,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of that error message ? Also provide me with a screenshot of the Firewall module tab and Firewall -> Network tab within BitDefender Security Center in Expert View.

Regards,

• Hi,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of that error message ? Also provide me with a screenshot of the Firewall module tab and Firewall -> Network tab within BitDefender Security Center in Expert View.

Regards,

The error message in is my router log and is exactly as I posted it:

Access denied to LAN system with MAC address 000000000000

I've attached the screen shots requested.

post-39274-1300846666_thumb.jpg

post-39274-1300846680_thumb.jpg

• Unknown
    edited March 2011
    Options

Which network adapter? Physical or virtual? For example, some virtual adapters like for certain virtualization software packages could have a zero'd MAC address. Virtual adapters can usually be manually configured via the related software.

I would find it rather odd for a physical network adapter to have a zero'd MAC address. What router are you using ? What is your Internet connection type ?

Attach the error message from the router log.

Please open a command prompt (type in RUN cmd and hit OK). Type in the cmd prompt window ipconfig /all > C:\ipconfig.txt then attach the file to this topic.

Regards,