Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wilcom Won't Run With Bitdefender

Options

Since I installed BitDefender Total Care2011 (2 days ago) onto a computer running Vista. I can't run my Wilcom digitising software.

It runs with a USB security device (dongle) Is this a known problem?

Does anyone have a fix?

I've sent the SYSDUMP report as requested.

Obviously I can take Bitdefender off, but have bought a two year licence, so not really happy about that. Also, it was a huge download, so if i deleted it and have to reload it, it's going to blow my monthly limit and slow down the internet.

All help appreciated.

post-53805-1300935722_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

I see you are already troubleshooting the issue with one of my colleagues in the ticket ID: 201103221004261. Also I noticed that you had another security solution installed on your PC that prevented BitDefender from installing properly.

The instructions on how to resolve this issue were sent via email.

Regarding the bandwidth issue, I would recommend you to either purchase a BitDefender CD or to ask a friend to burn you a CD with both the offline installation kit file and the uninstall tool. Then simply use the CD to reinstall and avoid downloading the software each time.

Last but not least please confirm via email that the issue was resolved or still persist.

Regards,

• Since I installed BitDefender Total Care2011 (2 days ago) onto a computer running Vista. I can't run my Wilcom digitising software.

It runs with a USB security device (dongle) Is this a known problem?

Does anyone have a fix?

I've sent the SYSDUMP report as requested.

Obviously I can take Bitdefender off, but have bought a two year licence, so not really happy about that. Also, it was a huge download, so if i deleted it and have to reload it, it's going to blow my monthly limit and slow down the internet.

All help appreciated.

Problems still persists. I lost 2 days trying to resolve this, then just had to take Bitdefender off so I could work again. Tried the fix i was sent abut problem not resolved so have to take it off again.

• Hi hmp,

Try to put 'Wilcom' in the Exclusions list as follows:

- open BitDefender

- click on Options

- choose Expert Mode

- click on OK

- select Antivirus

- click on the Exclusion tab

- click on the "+" sign

- the BitDefender Exclusions Wizard will open

- choose Exclude by file/folder path or Exclude by extenstion

- click on Next

- click on Browse and select the executable file of 'Wilcom'.

- click on Open

- click on OK

- close BitDefender and check if the software works.

Thank you!