Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Bd Work With Admuncher Fine?

Options

Hi,

I have a question. I'd like to know if BD antivirus (not internet security, just AV) would run fine with admuncher. I love admuncher because it is undoubtedly the best ad blocker with no competition whatsoever. No other software comes close to what admuncher can do. So, it is essential that I'm able to keep using it.

However, I recently noticed that vsserv.exe was taking up 800+MB of RAM from my system. I've been using both BD and admuncher for the last several years and never had a problem like this. I did some search on this forum and saw that there are other people reporting the same problem with vsserv.exe taking up too much RAM.

Fortunately, I have 6GB of RAM, so it is not as serious as it is for some people. But, it still does affect some performance of my PC. My main thing is, I'd like to know if this could be related to admuncher or not because I read in one thread that BD couldn't work with any other security wares.

Comments

• Hello,

What BitDefender product and version are you using ? In what language you installed BitDefender ? What Operating System are you using ? Please keep in mind that we need at least the basics information about your PC configuration and BitDefender product you are using in order to be able to understand and troubleshoot the issue you report.

Please provide me with the information about along with:

- a download link for 'admuncher' (the version you are using);

- a Support Tool log file;

- when does the VSSERV take that much RAM ? (i.e. when you startup the PC, when browsing, when using other software etc).

To generate Support tool follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!