Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Doesn't Work!

Options

Hello.

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2011.

Enabled its firewall, and it detect my network connections ..

I don't want any internet access to my applications, so I set the Protection Level to Deny All.

BUT all of my application (like Firefox), can connect to the Internet!!!

Why???

(OS: WIN XP SP3)

NOTE: I updated my bitdefender today!

thanks ./..

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello signore,

The Protection Level applies to new requests which do not match any of the rules already existing in the firewall. For instance, if you have a rule to allow Firefox, but don't have any rule for Internet Explorer, and you set the Protection Level to Deny All, when you try to use Firefox, it will be allowed. But when you try to use IE, it will be blocked.

In other words, the Protection Level is basically the default choice that the firewall will take in cases where there is no rule for a specific request.

To completely block all traffic, including any rules that you already created, you have to go to the Network tab, select the adapter you want from the top list and change it's Network type to Untrusted (Deny all). This will completely block any types of traffic through that adapter, regardless of any existing firewall rules. Please note that, in case you have multiple adapters installed and active, setting one of them to Untrusted will still permit traffic to go through any of the other adapters.

To re-allow traffic through a blocked adapter, just change it's type to anything else other than Untrusted. Please see the attached screenshot for reference.

Cris.

post-60-1301254201_thumb.png