Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bootable Cd

Options

What is the difference between a normal Cd and a bootable cd. I mean if I want to make a cd for Windows XP it must be bootable to work, right? How can i make a bootable cd with windows?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Arina,

A bootable CD can be used to boot (start) an operating system from it. For instance, if you use a LiveCD Linux version (which doesn't need any installation because it runs directly from the CD), ten that CD is a bootable one.

Also, the CD which contains the Windows installation kit has to be bootable so, when you start the PC, the CD-ROM drivers are automatically installed and setup starts.

A non-bootable CD cannot be used to boot an OS (Operating System) from it. It can be used only from within an OS (like Windows), when the CD-ROM drivers are already loaded.

With Windows I don't think you can make a bootable CD. But most CD burning software have this option (called something like Burn bootable disc). If you explain what exactly you are trying to do, we could recommend you a software for it.

Cris.